. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.! . . . . . I have several smooth steppers in a draw somewhere USB and Ethernet which I've fit and removed because of issues and bugs and removed several from other machines because they gave nothing but trouble. So yes it was certainly tried but sadly not tested enough.!

I was a big Mach3 fanboy for the best part of 20yrs, so it's sad and hard to say but Mach3 is done and finished, Mach4 is so bad they made a film about it called BUGs Life.! . . . . UCCNC blows them both away and is rock-solid stable.
    you can lead a horse to water...

thats your opinion only!

i have a ESS in my denford triac, its been in there for about 8 years. ive never had an issue with it, it works perfectly as it should and i use the machine almost daily.
    just sold but also had a ESS in my denford microrouter for 4 years, again never had a single issues. works perfectly.

so you dont need to lead anyone to water, ive tried, tested and love the ESS.

but thanks for giving your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    so you dont need to lead anyone to water, ive tried, tested and love the ESS.

but thanks for giving your opinion.
    That's all that matters really.!!
    But just to make the point I'm not just giving my opinion, I'm giving my experience of using many ESS/Mach3 setups and helping many people using them on Routers who have had many issues or troubles with this combo.
    UCCNC without a shadow of a doubt blows the socks off Mach3, the fact many long-time and very experienced mach3 users have migrated from mach3 to UCCNC is a testament to this.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

anyway, back on topic.

i get the feeling its the default mach download and not a single setting has been changed to suit the machine.

spindle dwell has been left on default 1 second, the spindle doesnt go from 0-28k in 1 second!!! ive now changed that.

the xyz steps in motor tuning haven't been set, its has 1000mm of moment in x & y. yet do the full length and the dro's in mach were reading 318, not sure what 318 is...
    ive now sorted that.

estop has been sorted. active high was ticked in ports and pins, meaning is was operating the wrong way. ive now unticked that.

it appears there is nothing to stop the z coming off the rails, no software limits or physical stop.

the list of issues just gets longer...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    In the Ebay listing it says screened CY cable but I don't see any screens in the control box and no star ground point. It also looks like the E-stop is at mains potential
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-05-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

i get the feeling its the default mach download and not a single setting has been changed to suit the machine.
    Yes exactly that, I have helped several people who have bought these and none of them have come setup.

spindle dwell has been left on default 1 second, the spindle doesnt go from 0-28k in 1 second!!! ive now changed that.
    The VFD will most likely be set to the default 20 seconds for both acceleration and de-acceleration so you might want to change these to get to speed quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    In the Ebay listing it says screened CY cable but I don't see any screens in the control box and no star ground point. It also looks like the E-stop is at mains potential
    estop does nothing to the spindle, but seems to disconnect uc100 from mach3

Yes exactly that, I have helped several people who have bought these and none of them have come setup.

The VFD will most likely be set to the default 20 seconds for both acceleration and de-acceleration so you might want to change these to get to speed quicker.
    probably is default, its currently only running at 24k rpm, even with the know on the front all the way up.

scrap that, its a 24k spindle.

just looking at the maunal, pffff looks mega complex

scrap that, its a 24k spindle.

just looking at the maunal, pffff looks mega complex
    The usable range is 6k to 24k rpm. Go much below 5k and there is no torque without playing with VFD settings.

The settings for acceleration and de-acceleration are PD14 and PD15. Set to 5 and 10 respectively, don't go too low on the acceleration otherwise, you will get over current/voltage error's as the VFD dumps loads of current/voltage into the spindle trying to meet the request to get upto speed in the short time period.

The usable range is 6k to 24k rpm. Go much below 5k and there is no torque without playing with VFD settings.

The settings for acceleration and de-acceleration are PD14 and PD15. Set to 5 and 10 respectively, don't go too low on the acceleration otherwise, you will get over current/voltage error's as the VFD dumps loads of current/voltage into the spindle trying to meet the request to get upto speed in the short time period.
    i will never run it at anything less than 24k.

the acceleration seems to be fine, no issues there. but it doesnt seem as powerful as my previous router?!

ive come from a denford microrouter with a 1.1kw spindle, to this with a 2.2kw spindle.

using exactly the same wood and cut settings as i would have used on my denford, the 2.2kw struggled and made a hell of a noise!

i was expecting better cutting performance from a 2.2kw watercooled spindle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information