. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i will never run it at anything less than 24k.

the acceleration seems to be fine, no issues there. but it doesnt seem as powerful as my previous router?!

ive come from a denford microrouter with a 1.1kw spindle, to this with a 2.2kw spindle.

using exactly the same wood and cut settings as i would have used on my denford, the 2.2kw struggled and made a hell of a noise!

i was expecting better cutting performance from a 2.2kw watercooled spindle.
    I doubt it's the spindle at fault unless your settings are wrong, if not I'd look more to the machine and chatter, etc for the noise. Denford router is a lot stiffer than that machine.

I know someone who I converted a Boxford A1 router for which is very similar to the Denford micro who has just bought the same machine as you, all be it from another builder who builds them much better than your supplier.! . . Well, he at least puts all the bolts in and supplies them electrically safe, set up ready to use.

Anyway, he has just approached me to build him a machine because he can't live with the chatter he's getting from it. He mostly cuts 3D models and the machine just can't handle it.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

thought id get a quick job in before the new parts arrive.

turns out the machine is just dangerous, the cable to the steppers is not sufficient and gets warm. the cable is only rated for 3amps, also see the below -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to andy_con For This Useful Post:

thought id get a quick job in before the new parts arrive.

turns out the machine is just dangerous, the cable to the steppers is not sufficient and gets warm. the cable is only rated for 3amps, also see the below -
    Andy, I'm sorry to see you are having these troubles and my only advice is to send it back under your statutory rights if possible. The machine is clearly unsafe so he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

I would also like to salute and thank you for standing up and showing how poorly built and dangerous these machines really are.

Being a machine builder I am in a very awkward position when it comes to pulling another builder's machine down because to others it can and does appear like I'm just saying it for my own gains, however in cases like these machines I just can't sit back and say nothing. So when someone like yourself has laid out good money and is good enough to stand up publicly to show others then it should be recognized and appluaded.

Now, if you do manage to return it then get in touch with me and I will sort you out with a proper machine at a discounted rate as a real thank you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Andy, I'm sorry to see you are having these troubles and my only advice is to send it back under your statutory rights if possible. The machine is clearly unsafe so he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

I would also like to salute and thank you for standing up and showing how poorly built and dangerous these machines really are.

Being a machine builder I am in a very awkward position when it comes to pulling another builder's machine down because to others it can and does appear like I'm just saying it for my own gains, however in cases like these machines I just can't sit back and say nothing. So when someone like yourself has laid out good money and is good enough to stand up publicly to show others then it should be recognized and appluaded.

Now, if you do manage to return it then get in touch with me and I will sort you out with a proper machine at a discounted rate as a real thank you.
    the steppers are 86HS115-4208 - which could draw up to 6 amps, depending on how they are wired.

the cable used is LAPP u242 - so 4x 0.25mm cables - this appears to have a rating of about 3-4 amps.

which probably explains why the cable is getting warm after 35mins of use.

Damn! I too looked at these same machines off ebay when I first started my CNC research. It was on this very forum I was warned off it.

It seems like you have good technical knowledge and experience to understand its faults and shortcomings. God only knows the fix I'd have been in as a complete novice had I purchased it.

If you do have experience as it seems from your understanding, may I ask why you purchased such a machine?

I also fully agree with Dean in saying send it back for a refund. The seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. If these fundamentals are bollocks, there is bound to be a hundred other issues lurking even if you fix what you've already found.

And after you've sent it back, I can firmly recommend you speak with Dean. If you've paid the price on the ebay listing, you'll get a very different machine from Dean. Chalk and cheese. I have one and have been plain sailing from day 1 - apart from collecting and moving the beast into my workshop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Damn! I too looked at these same machines off ebay when I first started my CNC research. It was on this very forum I was warned off it.

It seems like you have good technical knowledge and experience to understand its faults and shortcomings. God only knows the fix I'd have been in as a complete novice had I purchased it.

If you do have experience as it seems from your understanding, may I ask why you purchased such a machine?

I also fully agree with Dean in saying send it back for a refund. The seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. If these fundamentals are bollocks, there is bound to be a hundred other issues lurking even if you fix what you've already found.

And after you've sent it back, I can firmly recommend you speak with Dean. If you've paid the price on the ebay listing, you'll get a very different machine from Dean. Chalk and cheese. I have one and have been plain sailing from day 1 - apart from collecting and moving the beast into my workshop!
    i saw him/them on ebay and contacted them via messenger on facebook. i had some questions to ask and got the answers.

given they/him sells these as a business i had no reason not to purchase.

i didnt dream id need to ask if the set the machines up in mach, or if they used the correct cable etc...

i do have a slight upper hand here, they sent me a laptop with mach3 on by mistake. i didnt want and didnt pay for the laptop, ill be selling it to cover the costs or they can send me the money and ill return the laptop.

Andy, I've watched your video again and your voice sounds familiar. Did you contact me awhile ago through someone I built a machine for called "Dean Jeffreys" who cuts parts for RC cars etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Andy, I've watched your video again and your voice sounds familiar. Did you contact me awhile ago through someone I built a machine for called "Dean Jeffreys" who cuts parts for RC cars etc.?
    not me boss

another shitty wood works machine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225144499...Bk9SR9TMraffYA

:), I just flicked back through to look at your original pics...Did they even use shielded wire on the stepper motor connections?, doesn't look like it, just wondered if they did but let the shield to earth for another day?

Same guy selling this off has a decently priced dust extractor for sale to if anyone needs one and is close to Manchester: DEWALT 240v DUST EXTRACTOR. DW30
    .Me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information