Hi Jazzcnc, thanks for the detailed reply

More things to consider!

I keep thinking of different ways of doing things and then over complicate the design trying to do everything, I keep having to pull myself back to the original concepts and need. The machine will be for cutting mainly wood accurately with the occasional plastic, CF and aluminium. I have based the design on what I currently use which is a Stepcraft D600, its a nice little machine but definitely for the hobbyist, leadscrews and rollers on extrusion. This has been a great tool to get in to CNC / machining but its maintenance and lack of accuracy is now an issue.This machine is the next step and instead of just buying a new machine I thought it would be more interesting to design and make my own. (and cheaper).

I am using my Stepcraft to make the parts so I am limited in what I can do hence the design attempts to use as many off the shelf components and the use of a Kress and KK01 BOB as I already have a UCCNC UC100 controller and license.

I will upgrade to 15 mm gantry sides and z axis and look at the spindle / controller options / closed loop steppers although these might be a version 2 upgrade once I can sell the Stepcraft.

Thanks for the feedback

Ian