. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Ian

Thanks for reply.
    Spindle 1.5kW or 2.2Kw depends on what profiles I use mainly 30x60 or 40x80 both IR.
    Normally I would weld the frame, but time is factor here so will use extruded aluminium IR as quick and cost effective solution.
    IMO Vallder profile is ok for 6040 size machine and light Kress.
    I like your workmanship, attention for details. Please share your rc models job.
    I do make mold for sailplane avionic panels.

Cheers
    Tom

Lives in Leominster, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 38. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Hi Tom,

My design ethos was to build a desktop machine with reasonable accuracy, it’s not a production machine but has been used regularly. It is a toy compare to many machines in this forum but it fits my criteria and works well. For a more robust machine I would add extra rails to the Y axis, and re design the X axis so the rails are forward facing and use stronger extrusion, probably a larger C channel. A more robust machine = heavier components = stronger frame = heavier machine etc etc, I had to decide at what point in the design process I had achieved my goals and stop developing / adding complexity. I only had to buy 2 machined parts that I was unable to make, but with a bit of redesign I could remove them to use just flat plate. 2 time around I would make improvesment but still end up with a very similar machine in size / capabilities. Sound like your machine will be similar but a little more robust.

Thread Information