. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    On another note, I also feel you owe Clive S an apology because his comment was a valid one, even if it was short and to the point, your attack on him personally was unjustified and out of order in my opinion.!..
    You have your right to have any opinion, but I reserve my rights to disagree with that opinion. I was NOT the one who addressed him in a rude manner, I simply turned the mirror towards him and used the same language.

[QUOTE=A_Camera;125518]Yes, you seen it right. I have a fairly large room, which is a home office / hobby room / software, firmware and electronic development center, photo studio, as well as other hobby activity room. My CNC and my two 3D printers are used in this room as well. However, I NEVER use any liquids to cool and lubricate, I print only PLA and PETG, my spindle is air cooled, my CNC is covered around and I use a dust shoe when milling PCB and most other things. I don't mill any wood. Anyway, this solution suits me well.

Just had to read up on PLA - I am in the recycling industry and i have never heard of it - so its a biopolymer, but not a commodity polymer.

Looks like it composts well!

What do use it for? Is it brittle, it does not sound like a flexible polymer?

WoodKnot

How do you get that text box when responding to just part of someone's comments?

Just tried it and it did not work?

Thanks

WoodKnot

Quote Originally Posted by WoodKnot View Post
    How do you get that text box when responding to just part of someone's comments?

Just tried it and it did not work?

Thanks

WoodKnot
    Click Reply With Quote
    Copy the bracketed text "QUOTE=" and paste at the beginning you want quote.
    Copy the bracketed text "/QUOTE" (the last one) and paste at the end you want quote.

You can also split the post that way, or edit if you want to, like the message above, where the finishing quote in brackets and is missing.

Just had to read up on PLA - I am in the recycling industry and i have never heard of it - so its a biopolymer, but not a commodity polymer.

Looks like it composts well!

What do use it for? Is it brittle, it does not sound like a flexible polymer?

WoodKnot
    There are many qualities. I try to buy good quality (not necessarily cheap), made in Europe PLA. Yes, it is recyclable and the fumes are non-toxic, so I don't need to take any special precautions, or venting. PLA is the most commonly used plastic for 3D printing and is environment friendly, I think it is made using corn as main ingredient, but I am not 100% about it. Not that flexible but also, if good quality and printed right it can be used for many years in different indoor environment. I use it for everything possible, and have been using for many years now. So far no parts had to be thrown away because of age. I also make some parts which are used on cameras and are parts of what I am selling globally. So far, nobody complained, so it seems to work everywhere between Australia and northern Canada, so I am happy using it. My printer is running almost every day, even at this moment.

Thanks A Camera
    You're welcome.

I had noticed that all the converted ones that i had viewed that they had to create some sort of spacer block, but yes, i was waiting for the arrival of the parts, i think holistically first, so then have to work backwards to get all the joined up bits to work.
    Yes, some sort of spacing or other solution is necessary. It is definitely easier to figure out a solution once you have them in front of you, especially if you are not used to read mechanical drawings, but also if you are open to changes and can divert from your own design.

So i see what i want to achieve and how the look is perceived in my minds eye, then have to work backwards to achieve what i am seeing.

My issue is that i don't work to plans and do everything 'off the cuff' sort of speak, which can be a bit problematic!

WoodKnot
    I also don't spend hours and weeks in front of a computer to CAD a machine. I think that's a lot of wasted time, unless you want to reproduce and sell those things. Every new machine is a prototype. I make sketches using good old pencil and paper, but even those are free hand sketches, rarely use a ruler for drawing. It's enough for me to have the design sketched and the details in my head. Of course, this results in a few extra holes, but so what...

Anyway, I received this today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z07_3125_2k.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	30107

So far so good. What's funny is that the kit included four carriages. I have no idea how they are thinking... 200mm rails and four of those means basically no movement at all or maximum 46mm. I knew this when I ordered, I only need one on each rail, but this was the best price, so now I have two spares. BTW, even this BK feels fine to me, and I still think it is best to leave it as it is and replace the bearings with AC once these are worn out, if they ever will before I die or stop using it.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 23-06-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    So far so good. What's funny is that the kit included four carriages. I have no idea how they are thinking... 200mm rails and four of those means basically no movement at all or maximum 46mm. I knew this when I ordered, I only need one on each rail, but this was the best price, so now I have two spares. BTW, even this BK feels fine to me, and I still think it is best to leave it as it is and replace the bearings with AC once these are worn out, if they ever will before I die or stop using it.
    They suggest 250mm but went for the stock 300mm, I suppose better to have greater travel then less?
    Carpe Diem

They suggest 250mm but went for the stock 300mm, I suppose better to have greater travel then less?
    This is a kit with 250mm ballscrew and 200mm rails. I need about 80mm motion that's why I chose this kit.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    This is a kit with 250mm ballscrew and 200mm rails. I need about 80mm motion that's why I chose this kit.
    I presume A Camera that you can just set the limit switches on the Z axis to reduce the amount of required travel anyway
    Carpe Diem

I presume A Camera that you can just set the limit switches on the Z axis to reduce the amount of required travel anyway
    This is for my micro lathe experimental project and will be used as X axis. It's an experiment only, but movement is short since the chuck is only 100mm, so I figure 80mm is enough. I will never need to make anything with 160mm diameter anyway. Initially it won't have any steppers on the axes, so no need for limit switch. My CNC Z has limit switches but only the upper one is ever triggered. That is different, there I have 160mm Z clearance and 140mm movement, so it is much larger and wider than this is going to be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information