Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
That's the point they were not specified that's why I asked him to check. They are being sold in a kit with rails so should be AC type.
As I made it clear, there is no such thing as "should be" unless it is specified. You can wish for anything, unless it is specified, it's just wishful thinking, and if it is as you wish then it is bonus. The only contract between you and the dealer is that what the specification is saying. That's the way things work. Expectations can be set very high, nobody can stop you from that, but it is naive to believe that something as cheap as these are, are the same in every aspect as the much more expensive ones. The OP is an adult, I am sure the OP understand this as well.

As the op is a beginner he would not know the difference between the bearings
That's why it is important to point out not only the fact that your expectations are too high, but also that there is a set of bearings (the OP did not even expect any) and that those bearings may work for HOBBY use, so there is no reason to hurry changing those, unless he experience issues. Non of that did you or anyone else mentioned. You are so hang up on the AC bearings that that you lost focus from the subject, or target, building a CNC for HOBBY use. Your comment to him:

Have you checked what bearings are in the BK end bearings
...is totally pointless and is what muddying the waters here because it says absolutely NOTHING except ridiculing him for his decision of buying those things. You are not saying ANYTHING about what to expect to see, or which sort you think is the acceptable bearing. NOTHING in that sentence is of any help to the OP or anyone visiting this thread. You didn't even bother to put a question mark after your sentence. The OP did not even expect any bearings in those seats, so the way I see it, any bearing is better than nothing.

In fact, you are so hang up on the AC bearings that you did not mention the most important parts of a ball screw, the screw and the nut. Those can actually cause a much more serious headache than bearings in those seatings. If the screw is bent or damaged there is nothing he can do, other than buying a new. Same for the nut, if something wrong with it and a cleaning does not solve it, then it's a case of biting the bullet and buying a new. Changing the support bearings is peanuts, easy to fix. Never the less, it can be an expensive thing to do for someone on a limited budget, especially if the current ones work well enough. What is "well enough" is not for you (or me) to define. It is up to him, the OP. Now, THAT is help for a newbie starting a new hobby activity. Just saying "Have you checked what bearings are in the BK end bearings" is pointless muddying. It would have been different if you had said more about how things should be according to your opinion, and explained the difference between bearings, but you did NOT do that, not before I chipped in with my opinion, which I have right to express also, without you telling me to shut up.

so why do you muddy the waters.
Are you always this rude or just today and only here? I think you should stop eating barbed wire for breakfast and take a cold shower in the morning.