Quote Originally Posted by WoodKnot View Post
Thanks again A Camera -

The truth is, i did not want to start cutting metal, the small bits that i have ever needed to cut, i just use some old engineers handsaws that my father passed down to me.

The path i wanted to go down, was one of ease, based on the path followed by many.

All the profiles are cut exactly to length, paid for them to be pre-drilled and tapped.

I wanted to buy the parts, of the shelf, assemble and off i go.

I have made a mistake and should have stuck to the plan.

The few small deviations, like purchasing the thicker linear rails and ball screws is a deviation.

I must stick to the plan

I know that the machine i will build will be a piece of shit (allegedly) - but I must stick to the plan

Anybody want some Rm1605 ball screws, as they are going in the bin! I must stick to the plan!

I MUST STICK TO THE PLAN!

Woodknot!
I think you will need to start cutting metal if you are going to make metal signs. Cutting metal is no magic, all you need is the right blades.

Anyway, I also don't think you should throw away thow ball screws and rails, you should keep them. There will come a day when you want to upgrade the CNC or make a new one, and these can come VERY handy. You have a big shop, find a place for them and keep them for later use. Yes, it's good idea to stick to the plan somebody else already designed, especially if you are new to this. Good luck.