Quote Originally Posted by WoodKnot View Post
Thanks Jazz

I did not expect any positive comments.

Yes, I am making mistakes. No, i don't want to learn how to use CAD and just wanted a basic machine to create some simple signs.
Ok first off I wasn't having a pop at you or trying to discourage you with negative comments. Most of what I said was and nearly always is said for the sake of others who are thinking to build and reading this. It saddens me that I have to do this and use you as an example of "How not to do it" and I know with 100% certainty, because been here many times before, that if you had done more research and made at least minimal drawings this wouldn't have happened.

Regards learning CAD then how do you think you are going to create parts to cut without even basic CAD.?

Even the most basic things are now causing me issues! The machine screws for fixing the rails to the profiles!

They appear to be M6 through the exit hole but will not take an M6 head.

The M5 head is a reasonable fit but there is a bit of play at the exit hole. I have also measured the protrusion on the 16mm screws and these appear to be just biting into the aluminium profile when tightened down.

To be fair, I did not want all these issues and should have stuck to the kit form styles of others and had done with it.
These things would have happened on those kits as well, they just don't tell you these trivial details.

I feel that this whole process has been nothing more than a huge mistake and have wasted my time and money, as nothing will ever be good enough nor will i ever do it the right way.

So, with a feeling of ever increasing disdain whilst remaining polite -
Ok well nobody's giving up on my watch.! . . .So if we can't make a stubborn bugger listen then I will just have to help him get it sorted out and working..

You probably won't need to scrap the ball screws and I'm sure we can make something to extended them if your only 40mm short, you may lose 40mm travel but won't cost you anything.

However, before we or I can help you further will need to give me a detailed list of what you have and the length and dimensions. Either post it here or drop me an email and I'll help you get this together. YOU ARE NOT GIVING UP..