. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Some years ago I created a screen set to be able to probe in a more user friendly way than it was possible with UCCNC. It contained a special probe screen and some macros. This stopped working some time ago and that happened without me noticing it, because I don't install every version. The problem been pointed out to me by some users, and after verifying I investigated the cause, which turned out to be due to some changes made in the UCCNC software. The reason was that my screen elements collided with some of the newer UCCNC screen elements, so the Probe screen got messed up. This weekend I managed to find time and fix this, so any of you interested in, or using my Probe screen can download the new, version 4 and install it. It has been tested with my UC300ETH 5LPT controller only, since that is the only one I have, but the screen and the functions are completely independent of the controller, so regardless which one you are using, you can download, install and set up for your machine.

The zipped file contains a user guide also, and that is all the support I am providing. I can not promise any other type of support or help with the installation I made a video some time ago about how to install version 3, and the installation procedure is still the same. The user manual describes the installation, configuration and the use, so if you follow my manual to the letter then you should have no problems. I tested the manual several times, but it is important that it is followed to the letter, otherwise the installation will fail and you have to start over. The Probe screen and the macros don't change any of your UCCNC parameters, so you don't have to worry about that, but it is generally a good practice to take backup before start, so I advise you to do that.

Watch this video for how to install:

In the video comments you will see instructions on where to find out more about it.

The later version of UCCNC contains a probe feature, but personally I prefer my own since I think it is simpler to use and actually fits my needs better.

Good luck and enjoy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

I don't see a download link to the files.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Hi Dean

Here's the link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jkz...ew?usp=sharing

It's on his blogspot.
    Cheers
    Andrew

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the great waldo For This Useful Post:

Just to inform those who are interested, a friend of mine installed this on his brand new machine, he followed the manual to the letter and got it working without any issues. He is not a computer expert and is new to UCCNC, he just used my manual. This was his first time, so unlike me, he installation was a very good test of my manual. I was not there, so I did not help or gave any other hints than "read and follow the manual and you should be fine." He did not call for help, but a half an hour after he received the files he sent me a text message with a short video and a happy face, saying that it worked fine. He uses UC100 on his machine, but the Probe screen and macros are not dependent on the hardware. Never the less, it is good to know that I did not mess up anything.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

A_Camera just want to say thank you for the Probe screen, I haven't used it yet as a probe screen but I have looked at the macro's and the structure of your coding.

I am new to UCCNC macro's and after 20+ years using Mach3 and not being a programmer it's good to see how a Pro goes about it and it really shows. I've looked at 1000's of macros over the years and very few have been so well commented as yours.

I did look for a donate button on your Blog but couldn't see one, if you have one please link to it as I think anyone who puts so much work into something and gives it away should get a little back so i would gladly donate.

Thank's..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks for that A_Camera, I'll give it a try next week. I was doing a job last week where I had to probe some holes internally to find the centres and found the UCCNC probing not the most intuitive shall we say.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    A_Camera just want to say thank you for the Probe screen, I haven't used it yet as a probe screen but I have looked at the macro's and the structure of your coding.

I am new to UCCNC macro's and after 20+ years using Mach3 and not being a programmer it's good to see how a Pro goes about it and it really shows. I've looked at 1000's of macros over the years and very few have been so well commented as yours.

I did look for a donate button on your Blog but couldn't see one, if you have one please link to it as I think anyone who puts so much work into something and gives it away should get a little back so i would gladly donate.

Thank's..
    Thank you very much for your kind words. I do have 40 years of work experience related to firmware, hardware, software development and everything around that area, but perhaps that's not the only reason for spending time on documenting and commenting. I think the main reason is that I always worked in safety critical environments, which requires testing and documentation, so I kind of matured and been brought up to understand that it is important. Very early in my career I realized that any idea of believing that "this code is so simple, any idiot understands it" is nonsense. Even I need help with my own code a few weeks after it's written... so I have a habit of even commenting code which I only use once and never give away. Anyway, I appreciate your comments.

Regarding the donate possibilities, I had that for a few years but then decided to remove it because it gave me exactly zero. I know it is working for some people and organizations, but it did not work for me. Nevertheless, once again I added the Donate button.

Anyway, I hope you find my probe macros and screen useful, but be careful, test your own settings and all the functions before using an expensive probe. Even I make mistakes some times and occasionally crash into the table or the work piece, so care must be taken, especially with the more complex functions, like centre or corner finding. It is important that the configuration is done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Thanks for that A_Camera, I'll give it a try next week. I was doing a job last week where I had to probe some holes internally to find the centres and found the UCCNC probing not the most intuitive shall we say.
    Good luck. I hope you'll like it. Be careful, dry run first before use to make sure you understand how it is behaving and why. If you set it up wrong you may crash the probe and cause damage.

Yes, I agree, the UCCNC probe is not that intuitive, in my opinion, and for my needs, it is overcomplicated. When I released the first version there was nothing in UCCNC, but now there is one there also, which I think is good, but I wish it was more intuitive.

Thank you Jazz. My phone buzzed just a minute before I went to bed last night... I appreciate your contribution and comments above.

Hi,
    I am having some trouble with probing. I installed today everything looks fine after install instructions.
    Do you have any information on the correct start position and axis travel sequence?

If I do an X plus probe. The probe travels with an X positive move (fast probe speed), stops, then fast probe for maybe further 2 millimetres then I think resets X DRO and then a slow move going negative. Fast move to positive 6mm

The z probe works fine.

Plate thk =0
    Probe dia =2
    Probing size =50
    Fixture clear =5
    Fast probing =150
    Fine probing =50
    Probing depth =-3

Controller AXBB, UCCNC 1.2113
    Any help appreciated
    Regards Simon

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk