. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mach3 5 axis controller board came today and although there was a lot of documentation supplied with it, there was not enough to setup the board properly.
    All the stepper motor settings are shown as 0 for all the steps pins and all the dir pins. I know that is not right, but how do I determine which are the correct settings? Can anyone help me with this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor pins.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	30197

Name:	5 axis USB Mach3.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	304.2 KB 
ID:	30198
    Board name is JDSW51B

I don't know your board, but a Chinese NVEM controller specifies in the manual that the X/Y/Z/A/B/C ports are hard-coded in the driver and you don't need to specify them in Mach3 (defaults to port/pin 1/0). Try it and see.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 07.39.53.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	703.2 KB 
ID:	30199

First google hit I found on that board number confirms the above.

https://www.duxe.ru/upload/iblock/40...c4d2421927.pdf

OK, thanks guys, I will cross my fingers and give t a try

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I don't know your board, but a Chinese NVEM controller specifies in the manual that the X/Y/Z/A/B/C ports are hard-coded in the driver and you don't need to specify them in Mach3 (defaults to port/pin 1/0). Try it and see.
    Doddy, where are you getting that he's using an NVEM controller from.? That picture is of a standard BOB.!

Regpye, this link is a better manual and may help, if you don't understand it just say so, and will talk you throw it.

https://www.steppermotorcanada.ca/bl5breakoutboard.pdf
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks jazz, read page 5 of the link you provided, same as the link I provided from the Russian site to back off the analogy i first posted. My first post clearly started the info from the different card and was what I had to hand at the time.

My recommendation remains, try it as is, the provided driver software hard codes the output mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    My recommendation remains, try it as is, the provided driver software hard codes the output mapping
    That's my point it's just a standard BOB, not a motion controller like the NVEM so the MOTOR OUTPUTS will need to be set up. Not having a pop just wondered how you thought it was a NVEM or motion controller.?

A note for REGPYE: You will also need to apply 12-24V for the inputs and outputs to work, it basically power the optos. See Diagram on page 2, just above the inputs you have 12-24v connectors.

Lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 48. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Hi JAZZCNC
    Friday? Pub?
    Mach3 knows nothing about USB, so definitely the board is an motion controller.
    On the picture:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.ph...811440&thumb=1
    is clearly visible a micro controller (no matter which type but looks as some STM32Fxxxx).
    So, motion controller with BOB :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZASto View Post
    Hi JAZZCNC
    Friday? Pub?
    Mach3 knows nothing about USB, so definitely the board is an motion controller.
    On the picture:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.ph...811440&thumb=1
    is clearly visible a micro controller (no matter which type but looks as some STM32Fxxxx).
    So, motion controller with BOB :)
    Hi ZASto, No not the pub but I am not myself today, poorly sick and dying from food poisoning, ate some dodgy fish I think..

To be honest I didn't look that close to see it only had USB and no PP. I don't use BOB's these days and most I've seen like this have a USB port so just assumed it was standard BOB,!! , , , , You know that they say about assumptions being the mother of all FKUP's ...

Thanks Jazz, that manual has a bit more info than mine.

I will test out the system later today when I get dressed, it is 5am here in Australia and cold too.
    The project I am working on is a plasma cutter that has a standalone THC with a DC motor, so I only need to use X and Y axis with Mach3.
    Because the table is wide, I will be using two stepper motors and will need to slave Y and A together. I might have some homing and limit issues to deal with later.
    I have already changed the Ref All Home button to allow homing of only the X and Y
    DoButton( 22)
    RefCombination( 10 )
    I guess I will find out if it works for real later, it works on the screen OK.
    The THC has a DC motor and is fully automatic, but I will still need to lift and lower when setting a job up, so I will use real push buttons to do that. There are not enough inputs and outputs available on this board to allow some keyboard macros to control a couple of extra relays needed for that part (unless it is possible to reassign some unused pins maybe?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information