. .
    Hi Guys,
    First post here be kind.

I had a problem with my CNC where the VFD appeared to have died so I purchased a AT1 0.75Kw single phase to three phase VFD off Ebay.

I have a problem, I think it is configured to operate correctly with my Perske VS 31.09.2 but when I try to run it I get an error where it starts to turn but then trips showing fault ERR 1 Short Circuit/Current overload/ Power Module Protection.

Is there something I have set wrong or is there a fault with the spindle or VFD.

I really would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Many Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozza View Post
    Hi Guys,
    First post here be kind.

I had a problem with my CNC where the VFD appeared to have died so I purchased a AT1 0.75Kw single phase to three phase VFD off Ebay.

I have a problem, I think it is configured to operate correctly with my Perske VS 31.09.2 but when I try to run it I get an error where it starts to turn but then trips showing fault ERR 1 Short Circuit/Current overload/ Power Module Protection.

Is there something I have set wrong or is there a fault with the spindle or VFD.

I really would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Many Thanks in advance.
    First, you need to know if you have the right VFD with the correct power and frequency. So what is the KW rating and frequency of the Spindle.?

I've just done a quick google and there appear to be several VS31.09.2 models ranging from 100Hz-6000rpm/0.3kw to 500hz/1.0Kw/30,000Rpm.

If correct then you'll need to enter the main parameters into the VFD to match your spindle. Often there will be a plate or etchings on the spindle giving the main parameters like Volts, amps, frequency.

Provided the above parameters are entered correctly then the most common cause for the error you are seeing is you have the acceleration or ramping set too fast for the speed your commanding.

Basically, let's say you ask for full speed and the ramping is set to 2 seconds then the spindle will try to reach this time constraint by dumping a large number of amps/volts into the spindle but will never reach full speed before the current/volts reach the maximum current/volt parameter set in the drive so then faults to protect the drive/motor and then throws the error message you are seeing.

The same can often happen in reverse if de-acceleration is set too low or DC braking is turned on without using a resistor.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Is it an XSY-AT1 invertor?

Try the info I posted in reply #20 here. I created a PDF sheet of the parameters with colour coding to help clarify. They do like to change things from time to time plus it depends on exactly what motor is is connected to:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/12842...Y-AT1+invertor

I googled the motor spec and pasted it here for others to see as well. That's is quite a pricey motor !
    $2,660.00
    VS 31.09-2 Perske spindle motor, model V 30, type VS 31, rectangular motor, 1.35 hp / 1 kW, 30,000 RPM, 500 Hz, 220 V.

XSY-AT1 invertor parameters suggest a max of 400 Hz:
    P00 Maximum voltage 0---220.0/380.0 220/380 V
    P01 Reference frequency 0---400.0 50 Hz
    P02 Intermediate voltage 0---220.0/380.0 110/190 V
    P03 Intermediate
    frequency 0---400.0 25 Hz
    P04 Minimum voltage 0---220.0/380.0 0 V
    P05 Minimum frequency 0---400.0 0 Hz
    P06 Maximum operating 0---400.0 65.0 Hz
    P07 Minimum operating 0---400.0 0 Hz

Plus the parameters all need to be set to match the motor specs, unless it was shipped configured for you
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi Guys.

The spindle is 240V 2.9A 0.75Kw 300Hz 17140 RPM.

The VFD is an AT1 - Single to three phase details below.
    Item specifics

0.75kW Single To 3 Phase VFD Variable Frequency Drive Inverter

Output voltage adjustable method: PWM control
    Brand: Unbranded
    Power supply phrase: Single phrase
    Control method: V/F open loop
    Power supply voltage: Low voltage
    DC power supply: Voltage type
    Rated current: 5A Filter: NO
    Rated voltage: AC 220V
    Model: AT1-0750X
    Suitable motor power: 0.75kW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	30241

I hope the above helps, I can start the motor spinning really slow but as soon as I get above 19Hz it trips with Err 1 code.

I'm only turning this up really slowly but always with the same result.

I'm really grateful you guys are helping me with this.

Stay Safe.

If you've not done so already: You may (probably will) need to configure the VFD parameter set. There should be a manual provided (or link to) that describes the parameters, defaults etc, and you'll need to understand how to configure these with the correct settings. It's an ask, but we cannot guess how the VFD is configured - you would be best reviewing the settings in the VFD and if no wiser, copy them out into this thread for others to review.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    If you've not done so already: You may (probably will) need to configure the VFD parameter set. There should be a manual provided (or link to) that describes the parameters, defaults etc, and you'll need to understand how to configure these with the correct settings. It's an ask, but we cannot guess how the VFD is configured - you would be best reviewing the settings in the VFD and if no wiser, copy them out into this thread for others to review.
    Hi I have had a go but there's a lot to go through.

Name:	img20210713_14001708.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	30242

I'm really not sure what I should be changing but I did change the following parameters based on what I had read and seen on line.

P06 to 300
    P21 to 2856
    P26 to P33 to 300hz
    P78 to P85 to 2900
    P92 is set for 3 phase

I don't know if this helps?

Regards..

Quote Originally Posted by Cozza View Post
    Hi I have had a go but there's a lot to go through.

Name:	img20210713_14001708.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	30242

I'm really not sure what I should be changing but I did change the following parameters based on what I had read and seen on line.

P06 to 300
    P21 to 2856
    P26 to P33 to 300hz
    P78 to P85 to 2900
    P92 is set for 3 phase

I don't know if this helps?

Regards..
    Does any of this look right to anyone?

Thread Information