. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you choose the AXBB-E hardware and matching UCCNC software then buy the software license and hardware as a package. The license for the software is tied to the specific controller so you can load it on as many PCs as you like but it will only ever run the one controller. I bought mine direct from the CNC Drive website and was very happy with the service and delivry to Australia, but if you can get it cheaper elsewhere then go ahead. No doubt others will chip in with the best UK suppliers.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by 703E5 View Post
    Thanks Kit, and thanks to everybody else that has replied.
    I will take all your time served advise and bite the bullet, I like a challenge but think the PP route would, by the sound of it, be too frustrating.
    After all I want to make stuff, I don't want to spend all my time tinkering and problem solving.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    If you are thinking to buy either AXBB-E or UC300 then get in touch as I stock and fit them to machines we build. I will do you a good price and it will come with a UCCNC license file.

If you don't have the budget for this then in my box of test controllers I will probably have some ethernet and USB controllers, think I have both an Ethernet and USB Smooth stepper. I may even have a Cslabs IP-M controller so if you don't mind used then I could work out a price.

However, all of the above are Mach3/4 only, well the Cslabs can use their own software but it's rubbish. Mach3 is long in the tooth and unsupported which is the main reason why I changed after over 20yrs using mach3. UCCNC is much much better and far more stable, plus it's fully supported, and developed by the controller manufacturer so it will be for the foreseeable future.
    Mach4 is very buggy and difficult to set up plus its nearly 4 x the cost of UCCNC and doesn't support the controller directly so if the card manufacturer doesn't provide a plug-in or update the plug-in regularly you are a stuffed and left with software that won't talk to the controller.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I'm the ultimate cheapskate when it comes to machine building but should have made the change long before I did.
    I can vouch for that, I must have told him 1000 times to dump the PP but he wouldn't listen, so for being so Pigheaded and tight as a ducks arse I made him an honorable Yorkshire man...

Thanks Jazzcnc, I may take you up on that.
    Wish I would have asked for advice before I bought a licence for Mach3 - to use specifically with my PP.
    You live and learn. My learning always seems to effect my pocket.
    If I hadn't bought Mach 3 and asked the question I would be making stuff by now.
    Trying to formulate a plan to hide the purchase from my better half - wish me luck.

Wish I would have asked for advice before I bought a licence for Mach3 - to use specifically with my PP.
    You live and learn. My learning always seems to effect my pocket.
    If I hadn't bought Mach 3 and asked the question I would be making stuff by now.
    Trying to formulate a plan to hide the purchase from my better half - wish me luck.

...on the other hand, you can still use something better than PP... The CNC Drive products have plugins, so you you don't need to use them with UCCNC, even if it would be the best solution.

Welllll...
    with PP it all depends.
    I'm using an Intel Mini ITX board (I guess it is D201) with on board graphics and PP + PCI PP as second one for pendant. OS is Win XP :)
    Untill today, no hickups with Mach3, and I've been running quite hefty codes of more than 500,000 lines.
    Only thing that I have switched off is toolpath display as Max RAM that the board can accept is 2 Gb, and is shared with graphics chip (if my memory servs me it is a SiS one).

You can still use the AXBB-E or UC300, in fact, any of the CNCdrive controllers with mach3 just by using the mach3 plug-in. You can always switch to UCCNC at a later date if you prefer.
    You can if you want to use either and have both set up on the PC.

I do have an old desk top which runs xp and has a built in PP.
    With that info I wonder if I could reserect that and see if I get any joy.
    May be worth a go, will fire it up and see.
    I have options now, which is more than I had a while ago.

I do have an old desk top which runs xp and has a built in PP.
    With that info I wonder if I could reserect that and see if I get any joy.
    May be worth a go, will fire it up and see.
    I have options now, which is more than I had a while ago.

It might do.
    Just check it has service pack3 first.
    If not, there is an update archive on the ms website.

I've always said. Mach3 is that old, it was designed for xp. Any other o.s is grief waiting to happen.

Other than that. Take the advice on the UC controls.

Been mulling it over, think I need to heed the advice of those in the know.
    PP BOB - RIP.
    Going to go for the uc300, and actually get on with making some stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information