. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know this doesn't help you now but trust me you'll thank me for it later if you do. Do yourself the biggest favor and dump the PP and buy an ethernet controller like the AXBB-E or UC300, don't be tempted to buy a USB controller as they are only one small step from a PP.

The PP is a dinosaur and you'll have nothing but trouble and poor performance, USB is better but it has lots of issues with noise and can be very flaky. Ethernet is rock solid and very reliable and fast.

The issue you are having now is not uncommon when using PCI PP cards and not all work, it's a little bit of a lottery with them from what I know.
    My advice is don't waste time on it, bite the bullet and go with an Ethernet controller.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I know this doesn't help you now but trust me you'll thank me for it later if you do. Do yourself the biggest favor and dump the PP and buy an ethernet controller like the AXBB-E or UC300, don't be tempted to buy a USB controller as they are only one small step from a PP.

The PP is a dinosaur and you'll have nothing but trouble and poor performance, USB is better but it has lots of issues with noise and can be very flaky. Ethernet is rock solid and very reliable and fast.

The issue you are having now is not uncommon when using PCI PP cards and not all work, it's a little bit of a lottery with them from what I know.
    My advice is don't waste time on it, bite the bullet and go with an Ethernet controller.

I second that.
    I have only ever got perfectly successful running with Mach3 using WinXP sp3, which I have on retail disc from yesteryear.
    Win7 wasn't reliable at all. Surprisingly, also fresh from a retail disc.
    I've moved straight on to a uc300eth for the need of more I/O.

If it isn't working right, don't faff about. Ethernet all the way.

Thread Information