. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have an AXYZ router in Australia.
    I'm replacing the driver with a generic driver as the original driver is 32x the price.
    How ever I cant get into function 18 to set the drive type (assuming installer settings are locked to user level).
    Does anyone know how to get to this function ?

Quote Originally Posted by Milom1972 View Post
    I have an AXYZ router in Australia.
    I'm replacing the driver with a generic driver as the original driver is 32x the price.
    How ever I cant get into function 18 to set the drive type (assuming installer settings are locked to user level).
    Does anyone know how to get to this function ?
    I don't think function 18 is what you want. its only the for setting the operator preferences. nothing to do with the replacement of parts or software. funny enough, its the function that locks down operator access. i will tell you how to get into it though. if its on level one, you have to enter code 7758. if its on level 2 the code is 1954. If those dont get you in then i would wipe and reinstall the OS on machine. its not hard to. function 159 deletes it for you and you just load another one through toolpath or the DNC. Use function 29 to get the OS info before you wipe it. would also be good to get the info stored in machine personality in either toolpath or the DNC.

what driver are you replacing? a motor? board? software? its hard to say where the solution is if i dont know where to look. it sounds like you need to get into either toolpath or the DNC and look in Machine personality. OR, you need to replace the OS on the machine with one that uses a similar driver to whatever it is you got. OR if you replaced whatever it was with basically the same thing. you might just need to calibrate the machine which i think is also in that personality place again, OR use functions 603,610,611,612,and 613, to recalibrate it. OR i could be way off... but don't worry, there is A LOT more from where all that came from. for just one more OR.

I would be willing to upload the AXYS AMC (not A2MC) disc that has everything all of you would ever need for these machines, but i cant find anywhere on this site for uploads. it has all the operating systems, all the drivers all the DNCs all the labs, all the functions and error codes with explanations and if you've never had the joy of working with ToolPath it has all of them as well. and the 388 page training manual, and 72 pages of wiring diagrams. CNCzone does have an upload area, but it does say Open- source and AXYZ is definitely not Open to any source but them. Any suggestions?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to t8r007 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Like Routerdriver says getting your hands on the disks or software isn't going to do you much good if you don't have a backup of the parameters, highly likely it will just do a default install, then you would load in any parameters which relate to your machine.

This is why the machine is all over the place now after you have overwritten the OS, it has no clue about your setup. doesn't know which pins the limits are connected to, etc.
    Even an AXYZ engineer won't know all of this without getting into the machine and checking connections etc unless they wire them in a standard way.! Possibly does but could easily not in which case he'll highly likely try to screw you big time. For instance.!

We have an old Hurco Mill and the Hurco Engineer wanted £55hr from the minute he left his house to getting back home, he lives 200miles away so it's the best part of £400 before he even touches the machine.!! . . . Hence we repaired it our selves. (well actually we ripped its guts out and putting a modern controller on it)

Do the previous owners have the parameters written down or backup disk maybe.? Or, Sometimes the main parameters will be written on a sticker inside the controller, maybe on the back of a door or panel.? Worth a look.

If it's going to cost you a lot of money to get an engineer out I would seriously consider retrofitting with a modern controller which runs from PC-based software then you won't have any of this DNC rubbish to deal with. I know someone who has converted a few AXYZ machines to run on UC300 controllers with UCCNC software and it's not difficult to do and transforms the machine and reliability.
    he would be fine to erase the the Operating system intentionally if he wanted, its Function 159. the parameters and settings are stored in both the DNC and toolpath, they will be there when he reloads the OS through either of those programs. ive swapped in different OS's more times than i can count. the one my machine "is supposed to have" conveniently didn't have function 22 reinstalled on it. so i just switched back and forth. all you have to reset is Function 330 if you have an Smouse.

Dont retrofit, there is no point in replacing quality parts and durability with new parts just because the machines are simple (also adding to that durable thing) with complicated new ones that have to be modified to work with your machine. if i could upload the disk somewhere i will. AXYZ still sells the old AMC software disc on the cncshop site. its a hundred dollars. i bet thats a whole lot less than replacing things that arent broken with stuff that will be obsolete in ten years anyways.

edit: the disc is 200. still a better deal.
    Last edited by t8r007; 25-05-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t8r007 View Post
    I don't think function 18 is what you want. its only the for setting the operator preferences. nothing to do with the replacement of parts or software. funny enough, its the function that locks down operator access. i will tell you how to get into it though. if its on level one, you have to enter code 7758. if its on level 2 the code is 1954. If those dont get you in then i would wipe and reinstall the OS on machine. its not hard to. function 159 deletes it for you and you just load another one through toolpath or the DNC. Use function 29 to get the OS info before you wipe it. would also be good to get the info stored in machine personality in either toolpath or the DNC.

what driver are you replacing? a motor? board? software? its hard to say where the solution is if i dont know where to look. it sounds like you need to get into either toolpath or the DNC and look in Machine personality. OR, you need to replace the OS on the machine with one that uses a similar driver to whatever it is you got. OR if you replaced whatever it was with basically the same thing. you might just need to calibrate the machine which i think is also in that personality place again, OR use functions 603,610,611,612,and 613, to recalibrate it. OR i could be way off... but don't worry, there is A LOT more from where all that came from. for just one more OR.

I would be willing to upload the AXYS AMC (not A2MC) disc that has everything all of you would ever need for these machines, but i cant find anywhere on this site for uploads. it has all the operating systems, all the drivers all the DNCs all the labs, all the functions and error codes with explanations and if you've never had the joy of working with ToolPath it has all of them as well. and the 388 page training manual, and 72 pages of wiring diagrams. CNCzone does have an upload area, but it does say Open- source and AXYZ is definitely not Open to any source but them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks M8. ive created another post so i dont overtake this one. mine is a AM2C i hope you can help. thank you in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information