. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Forum

Does anyone have an "AXYZ_OS.IMG" file to reboot for OS 9.71 AMC
    My recently bought (very old) 4008 has an AMC contrtoller.
    I managed to actually import .DXF into TPWin and cut a couple of perfect parts.......THEN...
    I wanted to use the AXYZ DNC iinterface in order to use Aspire .nc files direct to the machine. I also got a post processor from another forum member to save into.
    When opening the DNC interface it said "no connection". Opened the "port settings" and hit the "boot OS" button....Might as well have hit a nuclear launch code....!!!! Now my machine is all over the place, running past limit switches, the gantry almost ran off the back of the table!! Did a "system restore" but the machine still won't revert back to original table parameters/config.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my main source of income.
    Cheers Kevin

My recollection is that AMC/DNC are both interfaces that run on top of the parameters you enter in the Toolpath software.My memory is telling me that DNC means that you are running the program from the computer linked to the machine and not using the AXYZ controller and this may mean that the computer has no idea what the limits of the machine may be.I really hope you had a hard copy of the values that applied and a copy of the installation disks as this may be the only way back.I suspect that an AXYZ tech could salvage the situation at a price.This would be the last resort from a financial point of view.With the disks to install the software and drivers for an RS485 it isn't that hard if,and only if,you have all the parameters recorded.I would suggest sticking to AMC file transfer unless the controller has utterly minimal storage and deleting any unnecessary programs in any event as it can be a bit time consuming to scroll through a huge list.I will deny any knowledge of a 4008 as I had experience only with a 6010 but the similarities are considerable.

Like Routerdriver says getting your hands on the disks or software isn't going to do you much good if you don't have a backup of the parameters, highly likely it will just do a default install, then you would load in any parameters which relate to your machine.

This is why the machine is all over the place now after you have overwritten the OS, it has no clue about your setup. doesn't know which pins the limits are connected to, etc.
    Even an AXYZ engineer won't know all of this without getting into the machine and checking connections etc unless they wire them in a standard way.! Possibly does but could easily not in which case he'll highly likely try to screw you big time. For instance.!

We have an old Hurco Mill and the Hurco Engineer wanted £55hr from the minute he left his house to getting back home, he lives 200miles away so it's the best part of £400 before he even touches the machine.!! . . . Hence we repaired it our selves. (well actually we ripped its guts out and putting a modern controller on it)

Do the previous owners have the parameters written down or backup disk maybe.? Or, Sometimes the main parameters will be written on a sticker inside the controller, maybe on the back of a door or panel.? Worth a look.

If it's going to cost you a lot of money to get an engineer out I would seriously consider retrofitting with a modern controller which runs from PC-based software then you won't have any of this DNC rubbish to deal with. I know someone who has converted a few AXYZ machines to run on UC300 controllers with UCCNC software and it's not difficult to do and transforms the machine and reliability.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

4. did you get up n running?
    ive retrofitted lots of axyz. all working well now.
    https://www.cncrouter.uk for new machines or used parts

All sorted and thanks for the input. Managed to get OS booted and correct parameters and configuration from AXYZ and assistance from a guy in Canada who has the exact same setup!

6. Quote Originally Posted by BespokeR&R View Post
    All sorted and thanks for the input. Managed to get OS booted and correct parameters and configuration from AXYZ and assistance from a guy in Canada who has the exact same setup!
    i have an assortment of good axyz boards pulled from these if you ever need anything- at a lot less than axyz prices :-)
    eg. https://cncrouter.uk/used-equipment/used-cnc-parts.htm
    https://www.cncrouter.uk for new machines or used parts

Looking to add atc and also remove pressure foot and replace with brush shoe...
    Gimme a call when you get a gap
    Kevin 07999048152

Quote Originally Posted by BespokeR&R View Post
    Hi Forum

Does anyone have an "AXYZ_OS.IMG" file to reboot for OS 9.71 AMC
    My recently bought (very old) 4008 has an AMC contrtoller.
    I managed to actually import .DXF into TPWin and cut a couple of perfect parts.......THEN...
    I wanted to use the AXYZ DNC iinterface in order to use Aspire .nc files direct to the machine. I also got a post processor from another forum member to save into.
    When opening the DNC interface it said "no connection". Opened the "port settings" and hit the "boot OS" button....Might as well have hit a nuclear launch code....!!!! Now my machine is all over the place, running past limit switches, the gantry almost ran off the back of the table!! Did a "system restore" but the machine still won't revert back to original table parameters/config.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my main source of income.
    Cheers Kevin
    if you still need the software, let me know, i have all of the OS's and programs

Quote Originally Posted by t8r007 View Post
    if you still need the software, let me know, i have all of the OS's and programs
    Hi can you please message me the software please. I have a 2008 axyz 4008 that I'm trying to get running.

Quote Originally Posted by iiDunno View Post
    Hi can you please message me the software please. I have a 2008 axyz 4008 that I'm trying to get running.
    You will have to accept private messages for that to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information