. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regarding AXBB-E. People over on cnczone haven't been able to add 5th or 6th axis straight onto the additional IO fitted to the board. They are mainly all designed for switching. The way to do it is via port#3 with an additional UCSB or other bob.

I have the UC300eth with a UCBB. This setup limits you to 16 out and 18 in through 2 ports. You need an extra IDC16 cable and a terminal block for use of analoge port. Or you can plug directly with dupont cabling/connectors.
    I prefer to use seperate components because if 1 fails it's cheaper to replace.

UB1 uses 3 ports + the analoge as standard giving more IO over the UCBB.
    For the other 2 ports (4+5) there is the UD1 daughterboard. My view is that if something fails it will be a large cost to replace it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Regarding AXBB-E. People over on cnczone haven't been able to add 5th or 6th axis straight onto the additional IO fitted to the board. They are mainly all designed for switching. The way to do it is via port#3 with an additional UCSB or other bob.
    That's because it's not designed to do that so why they are trying is beyond me, don't they think if it could then CncDrive would promote that it as 5 or 6 Axis onboard.? Only port 3 provides the extra I/O needed and they clearly state that only 8 pins are wired for Step/Dir on the board in the manual.

To me, the AXBB-E is perfect if you have a machine that only requires the standard I/O it offers but with the added bonus that if at a future time you need a little more then you have the option to add-on.
    If you know you need lots of I/O from the start then go with the UC300 + BOB option.

Also, another plus for the UB1 which can't believe I forgot mention was the fact it offers differential outputs which can be a BIG deal for some setups, esp if using Servos.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information