. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    You could put a shim 1.5mm in the gap or machine the BK and BF mounting plate 1.5 thinner.
    You could also remake the top plate wider so the you bolt the ball nut plate down from the top and adjust it with slots in the top plate
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I think Dean meant something like this. Extend the bearing plate rearward, rotate the ballnut around its axis 90 degree and bolt down through the plate into the ballnut housing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reefy_cnc.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	406.5 KB 
ID:	30466
    Last edited by routercnc; 20-09-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    do you have a pic showing the ballnut housing position Dean? here is what mine looks like but it has a plate hanging from the bearing plate for the ballnut housing.

also how do you guys solve issues like the ballnut housing being 1.25mm away from the plate its supposed to bolt on to? i have gone of the measurements from bst automation and i would of thought the ballnut housing along with both bk and bf ends would all be level with each other unless something has not aligned right in cad?
    Sorry, don't have a picture showing that part clearly... But it's not rocket science either.! The top bearing plate extends out just past the ball nut housing which as the mounting holes facing upwards to meet the plate, there are slots milled into the plate to allow adjustment. Then between the BK bearings plates which have slots, you have adjustments in both directions.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I think Dean meant something like this. Extend the bearing plate rearward, rotate the ballnut around its axis 90 degree and bolt down through the plate into the ballnut housing

Dean or Clive !!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Dean or Clive !!
    Sorry Clive I misread your post (long day!) but actually it says the same thing!
    1 point each !
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Sorry, don't have a picture showing that part clearly... But it's not rocket science either.! The top bearing plate extends out just past the ball nut housing which as the mounting holes facing upwards to meet the plate, there are slots milled into the plate to allow adjustment. Then between the BK bearings plates which have slots, you have adjustments in both directions.
    Ay! some of the stuff you come out with is rocket science to some lol. but yeah this does make it sound simple now. pic below shows what i was going to do but yours is much more simple

Name:	slothole.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	30467

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post

thank you mate

just a quicky

do these new and improved closed loop 5nm+ motors allow for extra weight to be added on the gantry? not that i want to add extra weight but this leads onto my last question. between the top and bottom bearing plate would there being any advantages to having a solid plate attaching to both of those or would it hinge things? its extra weight but if it will do nothing but add weight i wouldn't want to have it.

Thanks again

Name:	pic.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	30468

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information