. .
    Does anyone have a working LENZE 534 controller and isolator board they can sell me at a reasonable price?
    I am looking at retrofitting a more powerful DC Treadmill motor to My Boxford 160TCL and want to prototype external to machine first. I would keep Driver and isolator as a spare. I am not interested in converting to other drivers or BOB at this time.

I am thinking of scoping and publishing the board voltages and publishing them on this forum ...if anyone is interested let me know as there is no useful information or schematics for diagnosing problems at component level avail from other sources that I can find.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

Every one wants a spare lenze 534 cos so many have fallen over . and lots of folks want a reserve. (I suspect this may be due to experimentation by inexpert CNC hobbyists like me)

I now have one of these https://www.sprint-electric.com/product/1220i/
    although from the currents and voltages I see on my current 55w motor the 340i is more than capable .

I cant imagine that you would find a Lenze for a price cheaper than the new cost of the 1220i, it can be adjusted up to the 12.2 amps although I have mine running with I max lmit of 4 amps which I have never even approached .

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    Every one wants a spare lenze 534 cos so many have fallen over . and lots of folks want a reserve. (I suspect this may be due to experimentation by inexpert CNC hobbyists like me)

I now have one of these https://www.sprint-electric.com/product/1220i/
    although from the currents and voltages I see on my current 55w motor the 340i is more than capable .

I cant imagine that you would find a Lenze for a price cheaper than the new cost of the 1220i, it can be adjusted up to the 12.2 amps although I have mine running with I max lmit of 4 amps which I have never even approached .
    One of reasons that LENZE 530/534 controllers fail are the 2x 470uf 25 V electrolytic capacitors short out due to old age -mainly when you don't use machine for a long time as was in my case. This shuts down +10v reference rail and can stress components on the 5031 AH.x card that affect motor speed or torque. Once one of these electrolytics go and you operate motor to diagnose problem the 0.15uf mains capacitor across transformer primary winding can over heat and poop all over your circuit board. Or other mentioned problem on this forum is the 240v primary winding of 10 volt reference supply goes open due to shorted secondary winding in parallel to C2.470uf 25V electolytic as mentioned. Replace with 470uf 63 volt version.
    If you are quick and replace electrolytics cost of repair can be less than $1.00.
    I got my 534 going but now it runs at half speed so I have to diagnose fault on 5031 AH.1 card or the secondary coil on transformer is shorted as I get 10v reference on tapping and something like 3.5v on other winding which I am not sure is correct --and what is this tapping for?
    What is the cost of 1220i speed controller module? There is no mention of price on their website. I downloaded manual and it looks a very well designed product. I am looking at replacing original motor with a1.5 to 2 hp treadmill motor which will fit neatly inside cabinet and this will draw 12 amps.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 26-09-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Cant see 1220 on their website today but 680i might cover your need
    https://inverterdrive.com/group/DC-T...0-Isolated-1Q/

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    Cant see 1220 on their website today but 680i might cover your need
    https://inverterdrive.com/group/DC-T...0-Isolated-1Q/
    The Good news...I fixed my Lenze 534 controller. It ran at half speed --had me perplexed, until i checked the belt drive, my son had changed belt position to do some heavy cuts and not told me.

Thread Information