. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Ignore the code for a moment, and answer the electrical questions.

The turret encoder goes high when active, but does it actively switch low when not-active?
    If it does actively switch low (and not just go high-impedance), then it might be able to switch the SZGH inputs directly, but it'll depend on the actual hardware inputs as to whether they'll reliably switch when they're driven to 12V instead of being left open circuit.

As long as the electrical side is switching reliably, then swapping logic is easy enough. In that code sample you posted, you just need to swap the + and -'s
    Yep, 12V when high and 0V when not. This is on its on Power Supply. So not using the 0V or 24V from the controller. Should I join the grounds?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Yep, 12V when high and 0V when not. This is on its on Power Supply. So not using the 0V or 24V from the controller. Should I join the grounds?
    Yes, the 0V will need connected.
    My only concern is how the SZGH will handle having 12V on the input. I'd think it will work OK, but I'd be checking the relevant inputs are switching cleanly.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks. I'll try test tomorrow.

Some progress. Joined the 0V and get a reading. Its not correct, it only picks up one tool location and it seems the reason for this is, this is the only place where you have 2 outputs in pattern (++ --). The rest dont get picked up so I need to check their logic, there might be something else but at least one works which suggests that it detects something and changes state due to it.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you checked all inputs are switching on the relevant diagnostics screen?
    And the inputs reflect the turret position in the manual, even if they might be flipped?

They are. Diag confirms but looks like I've not enabled the custom plc code via a tool menu. Will try it tomorrow.

So, it doesnt work. Made the change, now it recognises none of the tool locations despite being able to see the 4 bit values change. I need to look at this all again. Ive messed wiht their code too, so back to basics.

Have you got a copy of the PLC programming manual I can look at?

Yep, let me see if I upload it. HoodScotland did also link it before. I messed around again, it definately sees state change as it impacts where the turret thinks it is and stops but it doesnt show it nor match whats on the screen.

Ive also got the PLC editor and the code itself if you wanted to take a look. I can record what I see live on the machine too, what I dont understand is the relationship between the ProgramTool (M6 macro for lack of a better word) and their PLC config.

HoodScotland didnt change his PLC from what I understand. Certainly doing 4 bit to 8 discrete outputs via an Arduino might be a practical solution however this should work. The macro / turret logic is very simple.

User Manual of Macro(V2.2).pdfCustom macro program instruction.pdf

Documents. Ill try share the code and PLC program in a bit.

This is the macro and their explanation ....

PAUS100
    STAF(Unclamp Turret!)
    OUT+M63;unclamp
    WAT+X06;T07,position of unclamp
    STAF(Rotate & Select Tool!)
    OUTPY18RY19
    CASET1+X00-X01-X02-X03
    CASET2-X00+X01-X02-X03
    CASET3+X00+X01-X02-X03
    CASET4-X00-X01+X02-X03
    CASET5+X00-X01+X02-X03
    CASET6-X00+X01+X02-X03