. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    There's a few issues with their code. There is no clamp. I also do not have both forward and reverse, I can only move the turret in one direction.

Whereas the logic is simpler. My turret down detect switch doesnt seem to work, so its not wired in at the moment.

On Tool Change request (if tool doesnt match current tool), then activate an output (On Solenoid).
    Keep this output on until the correct tool number is matched (this is via the 4 bit logic defined in CASET)
    Then, as soon as the Toolnumber is correct, activate a 2nd output (which is the stop solenoid)
    This is not the same as switching off the on solenoid. The stop solenoid actually pushes out an arm to 'stop' the turret in the right location.
    It then switches off the 'on solenoid' which lowers the turret
    The turret then is detected by a switch
    The stop solenoid can now be turned off. Tool Change done.

M63 comes on as defined in the code, then it stops when it detects 'something' but not sure what. Certainly taking out the +X07,T07 will probably help. I need to understand where X07 is defined. T07 is probably the T07 they refer to in their instructions (input, position of unlock turret). Not sure where +X07 is defined, nor X06 for that matter.

They also use Y18 and Y19, but not sure what those are.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Attachment 30563Attachment 30564

PAUS100 Pause 100ms
    STAF(Unclamp Turret!) ???
    OUT+M63;unclamp Trigger Unclamp
    WAT+X06;T07,position of unclamp Wait for input X06 to become high
    STAF(Rotate & Select Tool!) Display message
    OUTPY18RY19 Activate outputs Y18 or Y19 depending on nearest tool rotation direction
    CASET1+X00-X01-X02-X03 These are simply a set of CASE statements, and the code simply runs until it gets a match on location
    CASET2-X00+X01-X02-X03
    CASET3+X00+X01-X02-X03
    CASET4-X00-X01+X02-X03
    CASET5+X00-X01+X02-X03
    CASET6-X00+X01+X02-X03
    CASET7+X00+X01+X02-X03
    CASET8-X00-X01-X02+X03
    OUT-Y18-Y19 Deactivate Y18/Y18 outputs
    PAUS50 Pause 50ms
    STAF(Clamp Turret!) Display message
    OUT-M63;clamp Re-clamp turret
    WAT+X07; T08,position of clamp Wait for input X07 to become high
    TS(0)=TAIM Tool number on the spindle = value passed by the T command
    CURTS=TAIM Current tool set number = value passed by T command
    STATUSINFO(Tool Change is Finished!)
    PAUS300
    DISP Refresh tool status on main interface
    RETURN

Explanation.

M63:output for unclamp turret
    reset for clamp turret

+T: CW Rotation_Turret
    -T: CCW Rotation_Turret

T07: Input, Position of unlock turret
    T08: Input for detecting position of lock turret
    Now I've seen the programming manual, I've added comments to the code.
    Looks like the turret simply spins until there is a location match, so the turret position never actually gets read in out with a tool change command.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    OK, I found an IO Mapping text document in the backed up files. So my assumptions were correct.

T01 X00
    T02 X01
    T03 X02
    T04 X03
    T05 X04
    T06 X05
    T07 X06
    T08 X07

+T Y18
    -T Y19

Noted you have replied, thanks. Yes, the problem is lack of tool location detection. In the I/O screen I can see the 4 bits change. There is a 'phase' where they read all 1 1 1 1 as the hall sensor goes from one state to the next but there is no defined 1 1 1 1 so it should ignore this.

Question is, why does it not translate inputs it can clearly see into what the screen shows. I thought it might be as its not declared early enough and it never gets that far in the code, moved it up, no difference.

I'm going to rewrite the code and take out all the stuff which is clearly not needed, maybe that allows the code to be read for the location.

I'm using M69 output to enable the Stop Solenoid.

PAUS100
    STAF(Rotating Turret!)
    OUT+M63;unclamp
    STAF(Rotate & Select Tool!)
    CASET1+X00-X01-X02+X03
    CASET2-X00+X01-X02+X03
    CASET3+X00+X01-X02+X03
    CASET4-X00-X01+X02+X03
    CASET5+X00-X01+X02+X03
    CASET6-X00+X01+X02+X03
    CASET7+X00+X01+X02-X03
    CASET8-X00-X01-X02+X03
    PAUS50
    STAF(Location Found, Lower Turret!)
    OUT+M69
    STAF(Stop Engaged!)
    PAUS250
    OUT-M63
    OUT-M69
    TS(0)=TAIM
    CURTS=TAIM
    STATUSINFO(Tool Change is Finished!)
    PAUS300
    DISP
    RETURN

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What I'd probably do, is start with a basic custom macro to test tool positions.
    Something like -

IF(+X00-X01-X02+X03)THEN
    MESSAGEBOX(TOOL 1)
    RETURN
    ENDIF

Make sure the turret is on position 1, the relevant inputs are as expected, run the macro, and see if you get the message shown.
    If the message doesn't show, try just the MESSAGEBOX with a basic message to ensure the macro is actually running (or try this first to save some typing!)

You could then extend the macro for other tool positions, and add in TS(0) = xx, CURTS = xx, and DISP to initialise the tool position.

Once you know you can read the tool positions correctly, then work on getting the turret to move.

Some progress. It now updates tool location as I've removed the wrong code. Can't get it to activate the stop sol however. Still looking.

Thanks. Ive got it working !!!!

Many thanks for your help.

So a few issues.

Their code wasnt right for my machine. So the logic never got to the point of updating the tool (plus I had to redo the 4 bit logic as I had their original version).You also cant use any output here, M69, M67, none worked (Yet M63 does ....).

I then used the Turret + assigned to the Stop Solenoid, that worked. Then it was just a case of getting the timings right.

Vid of it working to follow.

Next will be setting up tool offsets etc.

Many thanks once again.

I'd guess macros are limited as to what other macros they can call, to avoid locking things up.

There is probably some page in a manual somewhere that lists what you can, or can't do, and it may never even have been translated to English.
    I know the section of the manual for my lathe controller covering the polygonal turning, was a fresh translation, as there was even a note on the front page requesting what pages were to be translated from the original Chinese manual.

Lathe tool offsets can be fun.
    I've only recently thought about how to do mine better, as some new parts I'll be making require a bit more accuracy between tools.

My plan is to use a 50mm height gauge (the dial type you get for setting tools on mills), to set the tools 50mm from the face of the chuck, then adjust part offsets accordingly.
    Off course, if you'll be using different chucks, then that won't work very well.

If you don't need high accuracy, then you can just set tools relatively to each other by facing a bit material, then jogging onto the freshly faced surface with a new tool, which will usually get you within 0.02mm accuracy if you're careful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information