. .
    Lives in Wien, Austria. Last Activity: 08-01-2024 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Hi,

I read through a couple of threads here and decided to go for the CSMIO IP-S and Delta ASD-A2 drives.
    Im now at the point where I want to set up precise homing.

I used this wiring scheme: https://de.cs-lab.eu/precise-homing-on-index/
    Unfortunately im getting an error message that no index pulse could be found. I investigated with a DSO and found out that im only getting 1 pulse per rev on the OCZ (measured on the minus pin from Input 25). I set the parameter to 500.. playing arround with gears etc,. wont change it. Its fixed at 1 pulse per rev.

In the manual I couldnt find anything except that it seems to be 1 Pulse in speed control mode. But it isnt in that mode.

Does anybody have a hint where my mistake here might be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    An index pulse is just that, an index pulse that triggers once per revolution.

Going by that page, the CSMIO is expecting to see the index pulse in under 500 pulses, so you need to tune axes accordingly.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Wien, Austria. Last Activity: 08-01-2024 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Hi, thanks for the fast answer. Thanks that makes more sense now.. i got confsued by all the pulse/rev etc,.
    " Number of pulses of drives’ output encoder – should be shifted to a lower value to ensure adequate INDEX signal pulse length. P1-46 parameter set by default on 2500 pulses – set on 500 pulses per rev or less. "
    I thought it would home on the next pulse.

I succesfully homed it now! Thank you very much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7CQIMPN.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	30620

Thread Information