. .
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacca View Post
    If i loop S1 S2 REV FWD should there be any other wires also or just the loop.
    Cheers
    Don't do that.!

The S1 and S2 are just set speed ranges determined by parameters in the VFD and you choose one or the other not both at the same time. Rev and FWD are what they say and obviously, you don't want both on at the same time.!

However, you have an Analog 0-10V speed output on the AXBB-E which you can use so you don't need the S1 or S2.

REV is not recommended as it will unscrew the collet nut so most don't use this either. So you only need FWD which I explained how setup further down, and for setting the speed you use the 0-10V output which connects to the Analog inputs on the VFD. There may be parameters that need changing in the VFD wire it as shown in the pic and if it doesn't work let me know and I will look at the VFD parameters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpindleStart.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	30910  
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't do that.!

The S1 and S2 are just set speed ranges determined by parameters in the VFD and you choose one or the other not both at the same time. Rev and FWD are what they say and obviously, you don't want both on at the same time.!

However, you have an Analog 0-10V speed output on the AXBB-E which you can use so you don't need the S1 or S2.

REV is not recommended as it will unscrew the collet nut so most don't use this either. So you only need FWD which I explained how setup further down, and for setting the speed you use the 0-10V output which connects to the Analog inputs on the VFD. There may be parameters that need changing in the VFD wire it as shown in the pic and if it doesn't work let me know and I will look at the VFD parameters.
    Did what you sent me, can turn spindle on/off from switch, can change speed and speedrate in uccnc, and spindle stars when i star a program, o all working for now accept my z axis, itmoves up and down when i press up and also up and down when i press down, also just need to attach probe and e-stop if you have any diagrams. cheers

Don't do that.!

I didn't mean altogether. I said they were Parallel.
    Should have been clear on 'using only what you need'.
    Gave the VFD wiring diagram/manual showing how it was a loop style circuit. Each one individually switched

Wasn't sure if AXBB-E was preset to 10v out. That's why I said test max speeds first to see if you get 100% or 50%.

If you're going to dabble in cnc, you NEED to be able to at least read a wiring diagram.

Your diagram in post #61 shows how the relay on the output activates the loop circuit for fwd on the vfd as I said.
    Relay connections on outputs is covered in AXBB-E manual. VFD switch connections are covered in it's manual.

There has been more than enough diagrams put out.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 25-02-2022 at 11:41 PM.

o all working for now accept my z axis, itmoves up and down when i press up and also up and down when i press down, also just need to attach probe and e-stop if you have any diagrams. cheers
    Not sure what you're saying here.? Are you saying it moves opposite to the direction pressed as in up goes down and vice versa.? If so then simply change the Active hi/low on the Dir pin for the z-axis.

Not sure what you're saying here.? Are you saying it moves opposite to the direction pressed as in up goes down and vice versa.? If so then simply change the Active hi/low on the Dir pin for the z-axis.
    Meaning. Check/uncheck the active high/low tick in the cnc software on the axis pages, if it goes opposite directions.

Not swap the high/low wiring around on the actual pin!!!!.

changed active low and it still does the same, if i keep my finger on up the spindle goes as far as it can go the comes down, goes as far as it can go then goes back up.
    And Daz yes lots of diagrams put out thanks to Jazz and I hope he puts more out to help me get this sorted, I don't mind asking for help because I don't understand it, But maybe I might learn with all the help I'm getting.....Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
    Thank you and goodnight.

changed active low and it still does the same, if i keep my finger on up the spindle goes as far as it can go the comes down, goes as far as it can go then goes back up.
    And Daz yes lots of diagrams put out thanks to Jazz and I hope he puts more out to help me get this sorted, I don't mind asking for help because I don't understand it, But maybe I might learn with all the help I'm getting.....Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
    Thank you and goodnight.
    That's a new one.
    Night.

..Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
    Thank you and goodnight.
    It's the same colour as Mud because that's where you're likely to end up if you are not taking the piss.!!

Hahaha taking the mick , sorted the Z axis it was a loose connection , so all i need to do is sort probe and e-stop out.
    Also Jazz the 10v on the vfd does that need a wire going from it to anywhere.
    Many Thanks.

Hahaha taking the mick , sorted the Z axis it was a loose connection , so all i need to do is sort probe and e-stop out.
    Also Jazz the 10v on the vfd does that need a wire going from it to anywhere.
    Many Thanks.
    No.
    The vfd 10v is to give power to a manual 3 pin potentiometer. Then the pot dial adjusts that voltage and sends it back into the avi input via the wiper based on where you position the dial. Then it has a 3rd wire that goes to gnd .

That's how that one works.

If you did want to add a manual pot you can use the analog inputs on the axbb-e.
    There are 2 on it so you could manually override both the spindle rpm and the feedrate using the wiper wire on a 3 pin dial if wanted.
    I'm doing this on my 300eth.

Glad you figured the Z out.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 26-02-2022 at 06:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dazp1976 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information