. .
    Hi everyone, newbie here

My 6040Z arrived a week ago and I have several issues.
    Let`s start with what I`ve done so far. So the machine came with a CD which has the installation files etc. etc. watched videos how to install and set up. So first installed the dotnetfx35 file, and then directx_9c_redist, and last the CNCUSB_Setup file. Turned out that my laptop is `too smart` for this software so borrowed another laptop with Win7. It works now, also followed another ChinaZone video how to setup the CNC USB Controller program. That`s all done, after all this I`ve purchased the Carveco Maker to do all my CAD/CAM things (at this point I`ve bought another laptop with Win10 as Carveco won`t work with Win7). Finally found the correct format to save my toolpath which is actually works with the software mentioned above, turned the machine on, turned the water pump on, turned on the spindle to 300 on the control box (as it was written in the manual) and the machine moved to the starting point. And that`s it! Not cut a single bit out. I understand that the supplied software (CNC USB Controller) is just a trial version but I would still be able to do 26 cuts. Now, I have the Mach3 with license on my Win 10 laptop (done all the setups that the ChinaZone guy said in the video), tried to connect the cnc (parallel to USB) to the new laptop (Win 10), and I`m getting an error message that the driver is not installed. To my understanding, the driver is on the supplied CD which I`ve also installed. Am I wrong?
    Checked the setting and it says `Port_#0001.Hub_#0001` So I`ve changed the port ` to 0001 on Mach3, was I silly doing so? Also read that Mach3 and cncs are having issues using parallel to usb connections, so Mach3 support advised to download a plugin, which I have done, downloaded and installed Visual C++. Still nothing. What have I missed? I`ve read countless forums and websites, watched numerous videos and I am still feeling hopeless.

Sorry for the long post, anxiously looking forward to hear from someone

Thank in advance.
    Esther

I don't know this controller or software, so can't help with the setup but If you are using a USB controller then you shouldn't need to convert from parallel to USB. Just connect the USB cable directly and install the plug-in for mach3 and it should work.

If you are trying to use Mach3 parallel port driver then it won't work with Win10 or Any 64bit version of windows. Also, as you have found mach3 won't work with a parallel port to USB converter.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I have now connected the cnc via usb to a PC with win7. Still won’t move. What plug-in do I need for that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Esther View Post
    I have now connected the cnc via usb to a PC with win7. Still won’t move. What plug-in do I need for that please?
    First, we need to know exactly what you have.? If it looks anything like this then all you need is here.

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/item/el...ach3-USB-Board
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information