. .

Thread: Help Mach3

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Planes View Post
    Hi It is a home built and was working great until my Geko 540 gave up. Do I use all six wires fro the motor and Bipolar series??

Mike
    To back up post #29.
    If the motor is a 6 wire the TB6600 won't support unipolar wiring.
    In this case wire it as if it were a 4 wire stepper.

Hi All,
    Thank you all so much for your help. I don't seam to be getting anywere with what I have, I can get full movement on Y axis using Z port on the settings I was using??
    If my breakout board is OK then what drivers should I buy??
    I am so upset with all this as when we left UK it was running so well. I dont have the money to buy a new Geko and even if I did I have a deep feeling it would not fix things and I would be where I am now but having spent lots of money.
    Thanks again guys you have all been a help.

Mike

Hi All,
    Thank you all so much for your help. I don't seam to be getting anywere with what I have, I can get full movement on Y axis using Z port on the settings I was using??
    I am so upset with all this as when we left UK it was running so well. I dont have the money to buy a new Geko and even if I did I have a deep feeling it would not fix things and I would be where I am now but having spent lots of money.

Mike
    Without a doubt this one. The stepperonline drive is very good and priced well atm.
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/di...r-motor-dm556t

It shows in the pdf wiring for a 6 lead motor which means it supports unipolar. I also looked at the pdf of gecko 540 and it also had 6 wire wiring examples.
    This is possibly why TB6600 isn't happy, it doesn't support it.
    So. DM556T driver and myself I'd try it wired half coil.
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/DM556T.pdf

The drive is available from stepperonline in the EU and it is also available on Aliexpress.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...001422484003.0

I more or less get everything from Aliexpress these days.
    I've given up with UK. Availability is awful, mostly has the cheap stuff, and also at stupid pricing.

You could get the DM542T but the 556 is better value. Price difference is negligable and your motors look like they are 4.2A which is full on the 542. If your motor heat is low at 4.2 you have nowhere to go with it. The 556 gives you options.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 05-03-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Hi All,

Mike
    DAFT QUESTION.
    Do you have all 6 motor wires connected to TB6600?.
    Because, if you look at the pdf's in post 33. All 6 wire configurations show 2 wires are disconnected. Only 4 are used on 4 wire drivers.

Hi,
    No I have four, After putting wires together I now have four. I was wrong I do have eight wires on motor.
    Mike

Hi,
    No I have four, After putting wires together I now have four. I was wrong I do have eight wires on motor.
    Mike
    Thank you.
    At least we're clear on wire count now.

Parallel is definately best.

Hello everyone I am a new user to MYCNCUK and I would like to wade in with a problem that I have so here goes........ " I have built my own control panel and every thing looks well, accept for I can't get my Mach3 software to hand shake with the Bluesky T AM9587 5 axis 100Kz motion controller, I have tried using 2 different USB motion drivers UB100 and RnR motion driver and both do not recognise the AM9587 brake out board by displaying ( not recognised plug in the cable and try again ) I assume that it means the USB cable which is connected so the USB drive is not for the brake out board ) dose any one know if there is a dedicated USB driver for AM9587 motion controller board.

Hi,
    I bought a DM556T I now have all axis working OK so I will buy the other three I need.
    Do I need to have a 5v power supply to each one or can I just use the 5v from the board??

Mike

Hi,
    I bought a DM556T I now have all axis working OK so I will buy the other three I need.
    Do I need to have a 5v power supply to each one or can I just use the 5v from the board??

Mike
    Wire it as per the diagram in the image here:
    Red and blue is the same to all drivers. Then pul/dir to chosen axis pins.
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2a/05/34/2...179bfb9f8b.jpg

There is a pdf users manual here if still using that generic 5 axis board with relay:
    https://warp9td.com/images/BOB_Vendo...line/ST-V2.pdf
    Last edited by dazp1976; 25-03-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Hi dazp,
    I now have all axis working fine. I connected stop limts, probe for hight of tool but none of them work. I wired them as per manual still nothing, Have i missed somthing?? I have attached the manual for you to look at
    Regards

Mike
    Mach3-5-Axis-Interface Board.pdf

Mach3-5-Axis-Interface Board.pdf

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information