. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought my VFD/spindle from CNC4YOU maybe 8-9 years ago and it's now fitted to its second router. Ran fine straight out of the box although I ended up making one minor configuration change to the VFD. It was something like being set to 4-pole and it was 2-pole motor (or vice versa). Made no difference to how it worked but the speed display was out by a factor of 2. I expect they've fixed that by now!

At that time, Chinese eBay suppliers were a bit more of an unknown quantity so I paid a bit more for a UK supplier. It's different now, but given how it's lasted I can't say I'm unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

Initially, I mainly intend to be milling wood, but I have plans to do some Aluminium work and also maybe slate or marble (if possible)
    Although, for wood I do not need the such spindle but I also want to use 1/2" cutters so need ER20 collets or larger.
    Plus longer term, may also add some sort of flood / spray cooling when cutting larger metal jobs in Alu. but may also go further if my machine can handle it! or even upgrade some bits later.

I have the bed / stage XYZ all working and homing correctly now and only now need a spindle.

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul, the 2.2kw would be fine for cutting all your types Wood Aluminium etc I have used it on all including sandstone and granite no problem but if you do get into stone, slate you will need to think of flood water coolant to the cutter or you are going to burn out the cutter quick.

On the first a larger cnc for cutting all stone/ granite many years ago we put a 4KW spindle which I got from Damon cnc in Germany a lot more money but that has been running I guess for 15 years 24/7 a lot of the time and I have changed a set of bearing in it.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Email from you July 2021
    Phill
    Hi Phill, Sorry I didn't check back that far, your first email about these was actually in May 2021. Now I've found you and replied to the email you just sent me explaining that I did reply, which from all my previous replies hopefully you can believe Is true, but for some reason, it appears like it didn't leave.
    Anyway, the email explains more and a little discount on any future order for the trouble.

Dean
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Paul,
    That looks a lot like a Huan Yang product, which might explain the HY part number! I bought mine on AliExpress from the Huan Yang Drive shop nearly 3 years ago and have had no problems. Bought as a pair the drive was pre-configured for the spindle. Obvioulsy there may be delivery delay differences and a very different level of after-sales support than you will get from a local supplier, but it might be interesting to compare their prices. Note that the mounting was not included in the price shown.
    This link is taken from my order record on AliExpress.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9050...78de4c4dP6Q16L
    Kit
    I don't think there's much stuff on my mill that isn't from Aliexpress except for the base machine itself
    When buying large items like motors etc, have to factor in getting stung for import tax.

My Lichuan 1.8kw servo cost me £309 at the time (is a lot more now) and I think the tax on it was around £86 all told.
    I've only managed to fully bench test it so far.
    Recently had psu's, isolator boards, sensors, fuse blocks, filters, rj45 stuff, DB cables and terminals & other misc. Smaller stuff generally gets past.
    Never had issues, can be fractions of cost compared to uk, some things are just plain not available here either.

Next I'm saving up for some Delta servos and I might get a signal light tower just for fun.

I shall soon be offering for sale a 2.2KW spindle, Mount, VFD (Huanyang), spindle power cable, water cooling kit (pump 12 and 24v available), header tank and radiator (120mm) and 12 or 24v fan and tubing. There is also a kit of ER20 collets (Metric and Imperial) in a wood and brass case.

I also have a CSMIO IP/S and a second hand 3A 24v DIN rail power supply. There is also a selection of electrical items, DIN rails, DIN rail terminals, a PILZ relay, 4, 60v power supplies, 4 drivers and 4 Nema34 14mm shaft steppers. (These are on my mezzanine storage and I am unable to climb stairs now)

I also have rails, linear bearings, Ball screws and ball nuts of varying lengths (900 and 600) I believe.

Most of these items are boxed and unused.

Due to illness, I am unlikely ever use them and so am selling them.

In my garage I have Steel box section including (100x50x5 and 50x50x3) with the longest lengths being 1100mm, other steel sections and bars etc.

If anyone would like to open a discussion on these items, please PM me and we can continue by text or on Whatsapp when we have swapped mobile numbers.

Cheers,

Rob Townshend

Lives in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-05-2023 Has a total post count of 1.
    Hi Paul,

So what did you go with and why? I am in the same situation, choosing between CNC4YOU and JAZZCNC.

Not entirely convinced if the CNC4YOU option justifies twice the JAZZCNC price for the seemingly same product.

Quote Originally Posted by PIA View Post
    Hi Paul,

So what did you go with and why? I am in the same situation, choosing between CNC4YOU and JAZZCNC.

Not entirely convinced if the CNC4YOU option justifies twice the JAZZCNC price for the seemingly same product.
    If you're talking about the usual 2.2kW spindle + vfd + mount, they look like the same offering from China, but with different markups at each shop. Being how active Dean is here I suspect that you'd be able to discuss any issues directly with him, and it's cheaper.

Alternatively, you might be able to buy directly from China for less and get the same stuff, but import taxes, and the extra hassle if you have issues, along with the wait for delivery.... You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information