. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    here is a video of running at 2000mm min cut ends 36mm short of start

https://youtu.be/uNewULWj054

I know nothing. Less about CNC. Less still about plasma. But I'd slave an LED on the NVUM output to trigger the torch and re-run, re-video a cut with the LED and torch in shot when it completes. If the LED on the NVUM extinguishes at the same time as the torch extinguishes, then the problem is likely one of the NVUM motion controller. The G-Code that you posted indicates no problems - once you get over the lead-in that it adds presumably to generate a clean cut from firing the torch. That the distance uncut lengthens when the feed rate is doubled suggests to my poor addled brain that the motion controller is running ahead of the pulse generation and shutting the tool (torch) off early.

Might be worth experimenting with a G04 instruction before the M05.

e.g. was:

N0680 M05
    N0690 G00 Z10.0000
    N0700 X0.0000 Y0.0000
    N0710 M05 M30
    becomes:
    N0679 G04 500
    N0680 M05
    N0690 G00 Z10.0000
    N0700 X0.0000 Y0.0000
    N0710 M05 M30

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Thank you Doddy, will get some more steel and try but im sure that will sort it out
    now need to read how to permantly tell sheetcam to add G04 to future projects

Thanks

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That linked thread partially explains why I was asking what happens if you change the cutting speed.

It's all to do with how the trajectory (motion) planner calculates movement, and combines that with other non-movement commands.

Trying exact stop mode (not always ideal for plasma cutting, where you really want speed to maintained as much as possible), or a basic G04 pause might be enough to alter exactly where the M5 command actually gets executed.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

ooops double post sorry
    Last edited by Steve-m; 23-02-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    That linked thread partially explains why I was asking what happens if you change the cutting speed.

It's all to do with how the trajectory (motion) planner calculates movement, and combines that with other non-movement commands.

Trying exact stop mode (not always ideal for plasma cutting, where you really want speed to maintained as much as possible), or a basic G04 pause might be enough to alter exactly where the M5 command actually gets executed.
    Thanks I changes speed from 1000mm / min to 2000mm / min and "undercut" more than doubled to about 36mm may look into changing NVUM to maybe a KK01 I have and a UC100, seems nvum has issues

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m View Post
    seems nvum has issues

Say no more.
    Nothing new there.
    The amount of cnc forums containing people that have grief with NVUM/NVEM is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Say no more.
    Nothing new there.
    The amount of cnc forums containing people that have grief with NVUM/NVEM is ridiculous.
    cheers seems i should have done a bit more reserch, I have a nvem too that drove me nuts trying to get to talk to computer thought that was me

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m View Post
    cheers seems i should have done a bit more reserch, I have a nvem too that drove me nuts trying to get to talk to computer thought that was me
    Somebody needs to sort it. It's getting a bit out of hand.
    Get them all off sale and burn the lot!!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information