. .
    Hi ,
    Thanks for letting me join.
    Have had a month or so on a 3018 .
    It seems I have further capacity for gui related stress & electronic battles & now looking to further discombobulate myself with next step up.
    Have many questions , searching here has helped a lot , will ask them , if I may , in appropriate section.

I have some experience with gui’s ( last obsessions were quadcopters / open pilot / beta flight , and ws2812b leds / wled / ledfx) .
    Also , as a forestry operative ( now part-time ) , I have access to timber & own a sawmill. So bits of tree to practice on available.

Am more interested in routing wood , though no doubt some soft metals will come into play.

Ernest,

I'm based just outside Totnes and run both a CNC router (home-built) and commercial CNC mill, although my main interest is metal rather than wood. I'm reasonably handy on the electronics and software side (CAD/CAM/motion control, etc) and happy to help or just to bounce ideas off if you feel the need of a bit of moral support! Or just a gossip over a coffee in the workshop!

If interested, just say so and I'll drop you a PM with contact details. You might not be able to PM me via the forum yet as you need to click up some minimum number of posts first.

In any case - good luck with your machine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Hi Neale.

Wow , that’s most kind reply , & yes please !

Am totally self-taught ( badly ! ) with electronics and often struggle with the human-interface part of software , Can learn up to a point from the blessed internet ,
    Hoping to get an old Boxford cnc to update drivers & control.
    Only cnc machine I’ve seen up close & working is the 3018 I acquired to practice / help understand the principles , so your offer is most welcome.
    I await your PM

Thread Information