. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Hey. I'm only going on what someone else did and broke their axbb-e.
    The bbe is basically the 300eth and a smaller ucbb.
    So
    Exactly why you should remain silent or at least think before telling people that something can't be done like you are an authority on it when really you have no clue or experience yourself other than something you read.!

The fact it's not the best idea has nothing to do with anything, it can be done and that's what was basically being asked but luckily Neale is no duck egg so knows better but if this had been a new user then your post could have sent them off in directions they didn't need to go. If you or anyone is not 100% on electrical matters they should either state this when dishing out advice or keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    But I have to confess that I did shoot myself in the foot with the UCBB - stepper driver connections. I was replacing a motion controller with differential outputs, but for convenience wanted to reuse the UTP cables between the two devices. I used the "solid" colours for the signals and just trimmed back the "stripe" connections, and made up a set of jumper cables to provide +5V to the drivers. Bit of a shame that without thinking, I "assumed" that the solid colours connected to the -ve side of the stepper driver inputs so having removed the "stripe" connections I replaced them with the +5V feed. I really should have looked at the markings on the drivers as I had the polarities reversed and it took me most of the evening to realise it. I knew it was something silly that I had done, but didn't imagine just how silly...

You are allowed to fall off chairs laughing
    I've done far stupider and costly cocks so don't go into hiding over it, your not the first and won't be the last to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Jazz - out of curiosity, I'm assuming that you have used the UC300/HY VFD combination, so how would you normally switch the HY digital inputs? Depends on BOB used, maybe?:
    Sorry, Neale, I missed this.!
    I always control a relay Neale for a number of reasons, isolation being one but I can also control several things at the same time the spindle turns on ie water pump etc.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 12-05-2022 at 09:00 PM.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information