. .
    Hi folks.

I may have posted about this ages ago, illness and other issues have got in the way of getting this done.

I'm looking for a conversion for the Boxford HSRmi2, something that will connect with Mach3. While the Boxford hardware is reasonable stuff I'm sure the software was authored in 1820 and I can't spend time on it, I see no point in learning something so old.

So, can anyone suggest a company that can supply motors, controllers and main board for such a job? Yes I know every job can be different, blah blah, I just need some recommendations.

Many thanks.

You want it good or you want a ripoff to sell to a punter ..

Anyone can sell you servo motors, proper couplers, and a csmio-ip-s controller.
    (The cslabs csmio-ip-s is the best, but it starts at 500€, and a full lathe setup is about 1500€. I know, I have 2 ).

Saving on the servos (I have over 17) Is silly.
    Not using 220V servos is stupid.

== it all works out relatively expensive, about 7k.

After over 6 different versions I built to avoid the 7k cost, I will never do that again.
    Itīs vastly cheaper and better to do it right, once.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty Scruntfundle View Post
    Hi folks.

I may have posted about this ages ago, illness and other issues have got in the way of getting this done.

I'm looking for a conversion for the Boxford HSRmi2, something that will connect with Mach3. While the Boxford hardware is reasonable stuff I'm sure the software was authored in 1820 and I can't spend time on it, I see no point in learning something so old.

So, can anyone suggest a company that can supply motors, controllers and main board for such a job? Yes I know every job can be different, blah blah, I just need some recommendations.

Many thanks.
    I have converted a few of these boxfords. While they can easily be converted the components you need will depend on what Boxford fits at the time.

First off you won't get a direct replacement board, the drives and the controller are on a bespoke board so you need separate motor drives and a controller.
    Usually, the motors don't need replacing as they use quality motors.

The spindle will depend on what is fitted, often they fit porta cable routers and some had a speed controller and some didn't.? If it has a speed controller then you will need to identify which one because some can be at the main's potential so will need an isolated output to control them.

Also, you will lose the control panel on the front as it uses another dedicated bespoke board to control it. On one of the conversions, I did hack the panel and got use of the buttons, etc so could be controlled using outputs but it was a lot of work and took many outputs, I wouldn't do it again.

Lastly, I wouldn't use Mach3, UCCNC and the AXBB-E controller are a much superior combination that is fully supported and with updates, etc.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information