Thanks Rob for your ideas but if I go with a parallel port I will get a desktop with build in parallel port which will be easier to setup Mach3. I also know the eBay XP copies but that too I don’t trust, I will install mine and I have 30 days to activate the install with MS. But I have another option which I will describe later.

Thank you too Neale for your thoughts. I forgot to mention yesterday when the Y/A went out of alignment I revert the ESS settings to original, re aligned the Y/A axis as they should be and re booted and then all was fine. This mean my motor settings were good. In addition my Mach3 license which I bought from cnc4pc.com from USA in 200 is good since I use it in all my previous cnc and never had a problem. (when I sell a cnc I remove my license and the purchaser knows he only has a demo version of Mach3)

However this reminds me that when I started installing ESS, the instruction were saying to install an older more stable version of Mach3 and they had a link for that version and that is what now is install in my laptop. I think it may be worthwhile to re install the latest Mach3 version and see the results. I think that is what I should do before I scrap everything and start from scratch again. I know that Mach3 support is not as it used to be.

Another option I may take is to contact wap9td.com, the ESS support site. Before my current problem I had another major problem with my Probe to set the Auto Tool Zero. Then the probe had its own mind and did all kind of crazy moves and finally this guy at ESS support helped me despite he originally said “I don’t support Mach3” (I’m telling you this machine goes from one major problem to another, never experienced anything like that before).

Tomorrow first I will go line by line to assure ESS is set up as per instructions.

If no luck, then I will re install Mach3 with the latest download I have

If no luck, I will contact ESS support for further help.

If no luck will try to do another cut(s) with my finger on E-Stop button

Neale you say you are using UC300ETH and UCCNC , does this include the BOB (Breakout board)?