. .
    A question I upgrade an Marchant Dice with an new solution I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/265441061631 exactly what I was looking for. I Will have linear up on aluminium profile i think and use avid spring solution. So is anyone have an cad for avid gantry plate or this one. If

I dont have experience to make an cad to make this or know if someone sell avid oen plates?

Hej, är denna länk någon hjälp för informationen: https://www.avidcnc.com/support/inst...ard/downloads/

Menar du en av plattorna på bilden nedan?

Jag har inte cad men jag är säker på att vi kan hjälpa dig att lösa det?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500 (1).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	31305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	31306  
    .Me

I only find dokument on avid site. They don’t sell there plates separately and the link with a even better idea on eBay he told me his plates was sold 10 minutes before I was supposed to buy them.

Would be pleased if I can get an cad for plates or even better to buy them from someone here how can mill them.

I burned my bob after first running when tries to measure spindle volt so my machine is totally dead and waiting for an new control box and new driver from cncdrive. Also the marchant dice shit solutions of 10mm rack inside alu profile that’s not correct mounted so I get big backslash on some part and some part of rack was screaming because to tight. That’s why I like the avid drive spring thing, then it ok if the rack is not mm correct mounted.

Lee Roberts did you write Swedish or does the forum translate your answer?
    Last edited by winzhangout; 12-10-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Hallå,

Ok, du kanske kan fråga honom (ebay-killen) om han vill dela sina cad-designer med dig?

Jag kan eventuellt göra tallrikar åt dig när du kan få en design, du kan göra på papper och så gör jag caden till dina ritningar, behöver du exakt den ivrig designen, kan du göra din egen?

Ahh ja jag såg din maskin i den andra tråden, såg du att den andra medlemmen postade hjälp till dig för 1 vecka sedan...

Jag skriver svenska till dig med Google översättningshjälp, forummjukvaran är inte så smart än ��

Translation:
    Hey,

Ok, maybe you could ask him (ebay guy) if he will share his cad designs with you?

I can possibly make plates for you when you can get a design, you can make on paper and then I make the cad to your drawings, do you need exactly the avid design, you can make your own ?

Ahh yes I seen your machine on the other thread, did you see the other member posted help to you 1 week ago...

I write Swedish to you with Google translation help, the forum software is not that clever yet.

Lee
    .Me

Nice :-)

I see that thread now, the problem is that when i try to mesasure spindle volt i burned the BoB so the machine is totally dead now, and is as one other member told me earlier is crap and old so there is no Bob that fits IDC Ribbon, same with stepper drivers.

The seller dont answer me at all, so i will order new alumium profiles from Tuli and racks and drive from Avid CNC, then i can measure the size i want and where the hole should be located i dont know the fitting for avid drive where the spring hole and the bolt hole should be if someone else dont have it and can see.

I have order http://shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=1098 this control box and 8nm closed loop stepper motors from them, really hope its a good upgrade from my obsolete thing that was with the machine.

Same time because of the Y and A axis profile 90X90 thats not 100% straight anymore my plan is to order.

For Y and A axis 90X180mm profile standing to get higher gantry for Z 4000mm https://www.tuli-shop.com/alu-90x180
    But here i question you or someone else can answer if i use avid cnc drive and also there racks what is best solution for stability to have linear on top of alu profile and use the idea from ebay link on Y and A Axis or is it better to have the linear exactly as Avid CNC solution on the side gantrys togheter with the drive and rack on the alu plate? WIll use 1 HGR25 on each side.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	31308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09fcf8b7df8ce9d8ce0abb6b68e69d79.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	31309

For X my plan is to have 80X160 alu profile down and 2 hiwin carriage on each side attached under to Y and A like it is today on Marchant Dice machine, if its best to have it that way. I dont have a clue of whats smartest to have it.
    Then from my attached pictures when i look at it it looks like a stable idea to have linear on top and front instead of both linear attached on only front side, or do i think wrong here? Maybe is better to have like avid cnc one standing alu profile and then x axis profile resting on top of it to get lesser weight but it should be a more stable solution to have it as i have it now and its it on the ebay link? I will also have Avid CNC spring drive here.

Name:	IMG_4330.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	31307

Sorry my so bad english, missed some parts of lessons in school :-)

I would be so happy Lee Roberts if you can help me with this! i also pay what you want.
    Last edited by winzhangout; 12-10-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winzhangout View Post
    The seller dont answer me at all, so i will order new alumium profiles from Tuli and racks and drive from Avid CNC, then i can measure the size i want and where the hole should be located i dont know the fitting for avid drive where the spring hole and the bolt hole should be if someone else dont have it and can see.
    Ok so you are going to order the Avid CNC drive system, that's good we can make a CAD of the plates that way ?

I have order http://shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=1098 this control box and 8nm closed loop stepper motors from them, really hope its a good upgrade from my obsolete thing that was with the machine.
    Nice :) that should save you allot of time, 8nm should also be good, maybe more than you need (3Nm is quite ok) but ok.

what is best solution for stability to have linear on top of alu profile and use the idea from ebay link on Y and A Axis or is it better to have the linear exactly as Avid CNC solution on the side gantrys togheter with the drive and rack on the alu plate?
    Absolutely go with linear rail on top of ali profile, not for stability but for an easy life when you need to make everything on the same plane and aligned perfect to each other, the side mount for linear rail is just harder and more time consuming to get really nicely setup. On top you will find it easier for alignment and more so making the adjustments for this work/ procedure.

You know about linear rail alignment and setting up right?

I would put the rack and drive mech on the side yes, it works well and keeps everything away from the chips and dust ect, you should factor a cover for this stuff maybe.

Then from my attached pictures when i look at it it looks like a stable idea to have linear on top and front instead of both linear attached on only front side, or do i think wrong here?
    I will say it doesn't matter greatly, however at some level 1 rail on top and 1 rail on the front is better, again it becomes about alignment and setting up really, my advise is to put the front rail first at the bottom of the front so it is close to the cutting as possible, when you have the rail in place, you can use it to help do the alignment for rail #2 on the top, use the whole Z axis assembly to guide the "lose" rail on top, to the place where it will naturally like to live. After you can then use DTI and spend the time to do the highly accurate alignment of the rail etc.

Really the profiled linear guideway and bearing of this type dose a great job with either rail positioning/location, but generally you should try and keep them as close to the cutting forces as feasibly possible, making sure of course that they will be before the leadscrew or to say it best "the drive mechanism", you must do your best to stop the forces from cutting etc, from reaching the drive mechanism.

but it should be a more stable solution to have it as i have it now and its it on the ebay link?
    Again, absolutely go with this ebay design (in the pic below), no design should ever have the gantry sides so that they are like "stilts", its just so obvious to look at, that it is a bad design!...then you see the designers try and make good and overcome the instability/rigidity by now putting extra plates, corner brackets and an effort to "brace" everything together etc...

It is really quite disappointing to see, especially when you also see how popular the said machine becomes with the community...sure it works and you can cut some stuff but that doesn't make it right...

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	31308

Moving on...

Your English is fine I can understand you, I didnt take ANY Swedish lessons but I do have a google
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 16-10-2022 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    .Me

Ok i test answer as good as i can here :-)

Ok i stick to that solution as the picture but as X axis i have in mind that if i use 1 standing 90X180 and 1 90X90 mounted together at the buttom, i add a picture of how the X axis looks from side, on the picture its only 3X90 just because i dont have order any 90X180 yet. The 180mm can be laying down and the X90 on top on if also, dont think it matters how it be mounted. the extra 90x90 is for carrier of cables and think it be more stable if the X axis is wider for the hiwin blocks that can be with more distance between them.

Maybe if i get an 20mm aluminium plate or something thats little bigger then the 180mm so i can screw the linear blocks first from top of it then also make holes for mount it below the X axis U10?

But next thing is X2 20mm linear on top also a bad idea, i think it will fit or is 1 linear better to go. Or else what size to get, i want it to be a stable machine. Should i go for 25 or 30 or 35 if you think only 1 linear on each top of Y and A axis is enough to get it stable?

Tuli https://www.tuli-shop.com/tbi-motion...ar-guide-block told me that this TBI Motion and choose Z1 instead of Z0 they also sell itts much better then the HR Economy model thats seems equal with hiwins cheepest model. True or not?

Video of machine before broken BOB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGPy6uqdxc

Name:	IMG_4338.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	31317
    Last edited by winzhangout; 16-10-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Kim, I found some better pics of the generic z axis you are looking at:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC-Z-AXIS-ACTUATOR-200mm-TRAVEL-CNC-Router-Actuator-3D-PRINTER-with-1605-Type-Shaft.jpg_ (1).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	31318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC-Z-AXIS-ACTUATOR-200mm-TRAVEL-CNC-Router-Actuator-3D-PRINTER-with-1605-Type-Shaft.jpg_ (2).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	31319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC-Z-AXIS-ACTUATOR-200mm-TRAVEL-CNC-Router-Actuator-3D-PRINTER-with-1605-Type-Shaft.jpg_ (3).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	31320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC-Z-AXIS-ACTUATOR-200mm-TRAVEL-CNC-Router-Actuator-3D-PRINTER-with-1605-Type-Shaft.jpg_ (4).jpg 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	31321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC-Z-AXIS-ACTUATOR-200mm-TRAVEL-CNC-Router-Actuator-3D-PRINTER-with-1605-Type-Shaft.jpg_.jpg 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	31322  
    .Me

Thread Information