. .
    Hi,
    I'm currently running a 5.5kW 3-Phase spindle with a Mitsubishi FR-D740-120-EC VFD. I want to switch this CNC router to solar power and I don't really want to invest into a 3-Phase inverter(s) since the servos are run by Mitsubishi MR-R-70AG-KH003 drivers and these can be powered by a 1-Phase power supply. I don't know the name of this air-cooled spindle either since I bought this machine used almost 10 years ago and there is just a generic label with the CNC manufacturer.

I would like to buy the best Chinese spindle and VFD I can get from Alibaba/AliExpress. Preferably a water cooled one a preferably one that can go above 24 000 rpm. I know most of these spindles are only 2.2kW and I'm ok with that. Or maybe I should just buy the spindle from China and the VFD locally from Mitsubishi or other reputable seller?

Any suggestions?

Check out Jian-Ken spindles. They're not the cheapest, but I've been running one for a few years now and it's been good. I use a Sunfar VFD with it.

Give BST Automation a try, they are the main "go to" we usually recommend to each other on forum, Fred has been serving our community for years :)

Link: https://bstmotion.aliexpress.com/sto...match_sort&g=y

Be sure to let him know we sent you, with Fred/BST you will get a genuine Huanyang VFD/setup, there are many fakes out there !
    .Me

Thank you Roberts,thanks for your kindly introduce and trust.

Hi Rando,so glad to meet you here,I'm Fred from BST AUTOMATION.
    1)The Mitsubishi FR-D740-120-EC are in 3 phase also,right?
    2)We can offer the 5.5kw 220v spindle and inverter as your request;
    3)The motor in 5.5kw,220V,water cooled type,24000rpm,400hz,with 125mm diameter body and ER25 collet and 4 bearings inside.
    4)Are you feel free to advise what kinds of material you are generally machining for?thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bstautomation For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Check out Jian-Ken spindles. They're not the cheapest, but I've been running one for a few years now and it's been good. I use a Sunfar VFD with it.
    Thanks. Should I go with constant power (JGH-105/2.2) or constant torque (JGD-105/2.2) model?

That will depend on what you're using your machine for. For instance if you're machining wood and running at full rpm most of the time, then a constant torque spindle is probably better. If on the other hand you're working with metal and need a range of rpm to suit the optimum cutting speed with different size cutters and materials then the constant power will likely be better as you get more torque at lower rpm.

Well in the end I went with an ATC spindle because why not. I chose the JGL-80/2.2R30-20 high speed one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	31781

Now the spindle comes without a VFD since Jian-Ken supposedly can't provide these.
    Any idea which one I should choose?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	specifications.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	31782

Looking at the specs there is a lot of VFDs to choose from.
    Probably the most budget friendly is the AliExpressSpecialButBoughtInEurope "RS PRO" one.
    Or maybe I should go with a Siemens one?
    Originally I wanted to go with the same Mitsubishi VFD I have now (but a lower rated 1-Phase model) but that one is only 400Hz max and this spindle is rated up to 500Hz. I have no idea how many rpm would I loose but hell I paid for 30k I'm gonna use 30k.

It would be really nice if the VFD would be around the £400/400€/$400 mark or less.

If there aren't any VFDs I can source locally could you please recommend an AliExpress/Alibaba one?

Bump.

Anyone?

Thread Information