. .
    If you buy a machine from them, DO NOT use the memory stick or any other media they include with it. It will contain a virus and the media will be configured to autorun it as soon as you put it in your system. I took precautions against this and their attempt at infecting my system failed.

When I challenged them about this, they were just keen to have me insert the memory stick. Further pressing them, they said told me to disable my AV software to make it work. THEY ARE LIARS. I am a senior IT engineer with decades of experience behind me and they could not pull the wool over my eyes with this blatant attempt at infecting a foreign customer's system.

If you have bought one of their products - DO NOT USE THE MEMORY STICK. Take the control box apart and find the model number of the controller, download the driver from the net. As for configuring Mach3 or whatever software you intend to use, I might be able to help you out.

Thanks for the heads up, what virus was it ?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, what virus was it ?
    I forget which it was. Nothing particularly novel beyond the usual attempt at infecting a system and scanning the LAN.

Thread Information