. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi All
    Now I’m brand new to milling and I purchased the Amadeal VM25L R8 mill. It’s brand new and unused but I’ve had it for some months. When I finally got around to testing the spindle sounded terrible.

Does it need running in, oiling or is it a bad bearing? How can I resolve this ?

Looking forward to your replies. Please see Vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 30-10-2022 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added Vid

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like a bearing problem to me, is there anyway to adjust the preload on them to check?

What has Amadeal said?
    .Me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like a bearing problem to me, is there anyway to adjust the preload on them to check?

What has Amadeal said?
    Hi Lee and many thanks.

I’ve contacted Amadeal and I await their reply, hopefully they can help.

I’m not sure about being able to adjust the preload, I’m just getting used to the mill.

I’m wondering if the bearings would need some lube, again I’m not sure even if this is possible.

I will research preload.

Many thanks.

Actually, dont worry about preload at the moment...

Looking at the video again, I Think i can see a belt on the silver pully, if it was me i would remove that black top plate and see whats going on under there, if you can, take the belt off and spin the spindle by hand and check that to see if there is any binding or sounds similar to the noise its making when spinning under power.

Then also check whatever connections are at the other end of the belt, presumably another pully that is connected to the motor shaft, check to see if anything that end is binding or not rotating freely like it should be?

Also, is it correct your not getting spindle speed (rpm) read out on the display as well?
    .Me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Hi Lee
    Great advice. I will look closer at the pulley wheel I’m assuming it will come off.

Yes the speed indicator is triggered via a magnetic that’s fixed just above the pulley wheel, I removed them for inspection and moved the hall sensor to the side.

I’m still hopeful of a simple resolution but I’m also reluctant to remove anything major until I’ve heard back from Amadeal, it’s still under warranty.

Many thanks

Ok don't forget to let us know the out come etc :)
    .Me

Yes. Let us know how you get on. Mine has been sat for a year so far (illness, not lazy!) so mine might need some maintenance too.

I may be looking at replacing mine anyway for some higher rated rpm ones, still have upgrades to fit to it.

my Amadeal tm25 was always a bit noisy from new but then started to sound like yours a few weeks ago so I changed out the 4 spindle bearings with good quality bearings and packed them with Klüber ISOFLEX NBU 15 grease and the differance is amazing it's probably only half as loud as it was when I bought it new I wish I'd changed them years ago
    total cost for the bearings was £65 and luckily I have a friend who got me the grease because that's almost more expensive than the bearings
    Last edited by Andybpowell; 02-12-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andybpowell View Post
    my Amadeal tm25 was always a bit noisy from new but then started to sound like yours a few weeks ago so I changed out the 4 spindle bearings with good quality bearings and packed them with Klüber ISOFLEX NBU 15 grease and the differance is amazing it's probably only half as loud as it was when I bought it new I wish I'd changed them years ago
    total cost for the bearings was £65 and luckily I have a friend who got me the grease because that's almost more expensive than the bearings
    Hi Andy and thanks for the info.
    I’ve been on to Amadeal who suggested I tighten up the retention nut, I have yet to do that but will take a look over the weekend. They also suggest it could be “incorrectly preloaded spindle bearing”.

Also if I run and put pressure on the spindle the noise stops and once I release it comes back, do you think this could be the bearings?

My issue is really with mine being brand new and unused I shouldn’t be really having to do all this. Amadeal have been ok about it but I’m yet to find a quick solution.

Can I ask you for a link to where you purchased the bearings, might be worthwhile.

Many thanks
    Mark

It could be incorrect preload or just the poor quality bearings they use in the machines in the first place when I bought mine I spent a few days stripping it down cleaning it and reassembling with fresh grease from the factory they are not well adjusted it was time well spent and cut my backlash in half

the supplier I used were Simply Bearings Ltd

I'm not sure if your machine will use the same size bearings as mine I would assume so but you know what they say about assumptions
    These are the bearings I used
    1 x 6209LLBCM/5K NTN
    1 x 6007VV NSK
    1 x 32005X/Q SKF
    1 x 32007X/Q SKF

You've got to partially dissasemble to check/adjust the preload so you could check the bearing sizes then
    Last edited by Andybpowell; 04-12-2022 at 07:08 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andybpowell For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information