. .
    Hello everyone, my name is Alex,

Thanks for having me here. I'm sure I will be a nuisance to many, help to few but generally a friendly sort of chap!

I have been building my CNC router for a while now, and its pretty much there.
    Its home built with plywood frame, 16mm ball screws on all axis, 12mm linear rails, 3NM nema 23 motors and running Mach 3.

Im trying to learn Fusion 360 currently and get the first cut done on the machine.

To be honest Im kind of the epitome of all the gear, no idea!

I live in Macclesfield, Cheshire with my family.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221127_160310.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	31549

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Welcome Alex, I'm not too far from you a little further north by about 45 mins drive. Do you use discord at all as we have a pretty large group on there from all over the world from learning right through to industry professionals who can help and guide you on a call.

Hi Rob, thanks for the info. Tbh ive never used discord but ill have a look. I must admit, im getting myself quite frustrated and who love to walk through a basic part with someone.
    I work up at Preston so probably drive near you most days!
    Thanks for the welcome!

Hi and welcome Alex,

Did you manage to get going with designing a part and making your first cuts? What CAD software are you using?
    .Me

Hi Lee, tbh i havent had a look yet with the Christmas rush! Hoping to have a play tomorrow.

Im using fusion 360 and a mach 3 controller.

Its not so much the drawing in CAD, more setting zeros and making sure the part is positioned.

I have a few old router bits im going to sacrifice for the cause!

Thread Information