Am just arrived, so yet to get to grips with this platform.
However, suffice to say I have for my sins, started to familiarise with FreeCAD ver. 0.20.2
Still at basic level even though professionally I was an airframe design technician with Airbus (4 yrs), Bae(1 yr) plus Bombardier & Short Bros (14yrs), using Catia, Computervision 12 and more recently, (post retirement) AutoCAD for 2D draughting - used for detailing house extensions and garage conversions (modelled for) interest in SketchUp 2017.
So, not unfamiliar with CAD concepts. But have found FreeCAD, although powerful, has its own unique protocols for commands; some intuitive but many not so. My issue: to get to the nitty gritty, is vertices/constraints in the 2D Techdraw workbench. Have modelled a number of simple flanges: plates with a vertical web - tranvesrse and longitudinally - inserting the views is executed well and I am able to dimension all the profiles without any issues. However, when it comes to setting a dimension to position the holes in the flange-plate relative to the outer edges the hole centre (vertices) is “glued to the edge of the hole and not at the hole’s geometric centre. Videos, demonstrating dimensioning hole positions, use the displayed vertices which, in their examples, is at the epicentre of the holes. What might be the reason for this not being so in my 2D drawings? The sketch for the flange plate is “fully constrained”.