. .
    Foreword: I'm more active on American forums and groups, you can find same post on CNC Zone where I have lots of other posts, but felt that this mandated creating new accounts to warn anyone who is looking at different CNC machines and considering Chinese machines.

To anyone looking at buying a machine from AccTek, please read this carefully.

I've been working with AccTek on a custom (and much more expensive) CNC machine for about 6 months now.
    Provided the deposit 4 months ago and was promised that the machine will be finished in 2 months (that actually came immediately after the deposit... the quote stated 1.5 months completion time).
    In the last 4 months it has been one issue after another. Each of these issues I've tried to work with the manufacturer to resolve, and most of them I might have even been Ok with. However lately there have been a few issues that I can't accommodate and the response is basically "we're not changing it, it's 90% of what you ordered so it's close enough".
    Now to clarify, each of the issues has been about a specific customization that was agreed and documented in the quote and the invoice. The final nail in the coffin was the size of the machine itself. From the start, I explained very clearly that my space (my garage as it's for personal use) can only accommodate a machine of a set size, and made sure that they can make what I need before paying the deposit. The machine was built too long and too wide. And the suggestions from the manufacturer are: "Find a bigger space" and "Sell this machine in your local".

I've been extremely patient with the manufacturer and have tried working on many different solutions. I've been understanding in the requirements that I could accommodate around. However when the machine simply doesn't fit my space, "buy it or lose the deposit" is not an acceptable answer.

Note that this isn't my first machine out of China. I had a great experience before with QuickCNC (highly recommend them, DM if you would like a sales agent contact, mine has been fantastic). This time around I decided to try AccTek as they were a little cheaper and were recommended by someone I trust.

I've been working with Cyrielle from AccTek, and then her manager, Alice, has also been involved with majority of the "suggestions" coming from Alice. If you're working with either of these two, or frankly anyone else at AccTek, make sure you're ready for a lot of headaches and that you won't receive the machine that you need.

If I end up getting a fix or any realistic resolution from the company, I'll update the post to let everyone know. But otherwise, assume I've been screwed by the company and please tell anyone looking for a CNC to stay away.

PS: I've asked another person who bought a standard machine from them - it was also late, though only by a little, and with the standard machine too they messed things up and the person had to figure out how to fix a few things, though thankfully those were minor.

If they haven't delivered the machine cancel the contract and demand your deposit back (easier said than done and tell them you will post your experience on every cnc forum you can get your hands on) You can't be expected to build a new workshop because they screwed up on the dimensions of the machine!! Good luck.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    If they haven't delivered the machine cancel the contract and demand your deposit back (easier said than done and tell them you will post your experience on every cnc forum you can get your hands on) You can't be expected to build a new workshop because they screwed up on the dimensions of the machine!! Good luck.
    Cheers
    Andrew
    Thanks, that's essentially what I did. I also raised a dispute on Alibaba (didn't realize at first, but seems that Alibaba has a dispute process even for purchases made without Trade Assurance, or even made outside their platform).

I'm not sure whether it was the dispute, or mentioning that my posts on various forums and groups have gathered thousands of views, but they found a way to resolve the size issue. It's not an ideal solution (essentially removing some cosmetic panels and re-working one part of the mechanism) as the cosmetic panels were nice, but if they can show that it will now meet specifications, it's something that's not a big deal to overlook.

Even though I didn't purchase with Alibaba Trade Assurance, they still have a dispute resolution process. I'm not sure how effective it really is, and what kind of power they have over the supplier in that case. But it's probably "just a coincidence" that they found this solution once I raised the dispute.

Thread Information