. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It sounds like the inverter isn't configured correctly for the motor.

Personally, given the space limitations, I'd consider fitting a servo motor and drive, as you get a lot more performance in a smaller size.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

The VFD was damaged in trasit so i think a new one would be required if i went with a new motor, unfortunately when it arrived i had a quick look at the user manual and it stated that it required a 5K resistor for the speed control, i had ordered a 10K so by the time a replacement arrived i was out of the free return option. when i did turn it on some time later it blew the quick blow fuse i had installed, bit of a weard one really, i would have axpected a sharp pop imediately i closed the breaker but it sort of fuzzed a bit before blowing, there was an integral LED in the fuse holder and it blew that as well. i checked the output from the VFD with the motor running and it was jumping arround (500/750V) it should be outputing 380V but i now very little about these things, it won't accept a frequency greater than about 300 and if i try to run it at that the motor just runns down, maybe a phase is down.
    What's involved regarding the servo drive and specifically the control of same considering my illiteracy in the electrics department.
    Thanks for you c omments.
    PS forgot to mention i got a shock of the setup(just toucked the line filter case by accident) checked the voltage on the filter output and it was reading about 750V. disconnected the leads to the VFD input, checked the filter output and it was back to 240V. when i reconnected the vfd gave an error code. the following day i turned it on and got a different error code
    a day later when i tried it it seemed to have fixed itself(ish) and thats the state of play at the moment.(seller not responding)
    Regards
    Mike

Thread Information