. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've tried that twice on separate occasions and as far as I can tell it moves freely.

Would you expect the binding to happen more often at higher feed rates and acceleration if that was the case?

2. If it was a bit dirt occasionally jamming the bearing tracks, then it could happen completely randomly, just depending on when the bit dirt jammed a bearing.
    Have you tried greasing the trucks?

I've not seen any pics of the machine, but you could try twisting the gantry in various directions as you push it, to see if you can make it bind in anyway.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

The bearing blocks were greased last week when I did the ballnut without any luck.

I'll upload some pictures of it tomorrow but the x axis is a piece of 120 x 60 mm aluminium extrusion with 8 mm walls.
    The rails are positioned on the top and bottom with the ballscrew on the back with 20mm aluminium plates forming a box around around which seemed like an unusual design so I did try to see if it would twist when I first got it. I couldn't get it to twist, rack or alter shape at all. I've also made sure everything is square.

I'll try it again tomorrow just in case and also check each block when they're disconnected from everything else.

Hi Thanks for your help.
    I checked the linear rails and the wiring again thoroughly but still couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.
    I got my head around how to set up UCCNC with my breakout board and I've had it running all week without an issue, the longest it had gone without position loss before was about 8 hours. So I'm still not exactly sure what was causing the problem but at least at the moment it seems to be fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information