HI everyone

So, today I was cutting a part from some HDPE plastic and it was going fine, then al of a sudden the spindle slowed down and stopped.

A small bit of information about the setup.
My spindle is not controlled by the motion controller it is just wired seperately and I turn it on or off with a switch and control the speed with the knob on the vfd.

The VFD is an ABB IP20 / UL Open type and the spindle a generic Chinese 2.2kw water cooled unit (cooled by barrel of antifreeze and pond pump).

I have never had any issue with it at all before, tried tech support number one rule and turned everything off and on again, no use.

The VFD makes its normal whiring noise and lights up as normal when it turns on at the socket but when the on switch is clicked no action from the spindle, no obvious loose wires anywhere, it was not hot to the touch so no signs of anything obviously wrong and it was not working hard at the time it died.

So, how can I test if its the VFD or spindle that is at fault ?

And how easy is it to wire in a new spindle? it was already setup when I bought the machine and is about the only bit I haven`t had to mess with.

All advice appreciated.

Ollie