Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hi folks,

We're in the process of looking at a decent quality CNC machine for a project and will be spending circa £10k. I won't go into all the reasons why we need this particular machine but it has me wondering.

We have one project we are looking to work on. We will be repeatedly cutting small rectangles from 500mm square sheets. We know this is a challenge and have worked out how to hold the sheets, parts etc. in place. Our material is similar to acrylic/plastic but is a little brittle, it's just 2mm thick.

I don't know much about the 'hobby' end of the CNC market, circa £1k machines but wonder if this part of the project may be feasable on a much cheaper/smaller machine. If we can hold the part in place securely with a vaccum table/jig etc. and the machine is fast enough, surely it comes down to ensuring nothing moves whilst cutting and the spindle is quick enough and we have the right tooling? Not wishing to simplify the operation so quite happy to be corrected :-)

I will of course scour the internet for videos of such machines but would appreciate any input anyone using smaller machines can offer please.
Justin.
Welcome to the forum. There is a machine builder on here that you might want to look up ( [email protected]) He might have a secondhand hand machine.

Best of luck. Clive