Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
Novamill switches, on my mill anyway, are standard microswitches. Maybe there's a wire dropped off the z switch? If you are seeing the lights operate on the diag screen then the X and Y switches are working.

There's a configuration setting for the homing speed as a percentage of rapid, what do you have that set to? When the home switch is triggered the mill goes into a controlled deceleration to stop then reverse until the home switch deactivates so there is a small overtravel. If going too fast this may allow the axis to hit the end stop. IIRC I have the homing percentage set to 5% which is probably too slow but I never hit the end stops.

On another point, I almost never home the machine anyway unless I'm doing a job that is very close to the limits of travel. I always reference the axes to the workpiece using an electronic edge finder and tool height setter. If I do have a crash I only need to re-reference to the work again.

Update: the homing speed setting is in the config\homing/limits tab
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-22 065537.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	32292 Far right column.
Good advice as expected. Many thanks

I'll check the outputs and adjust the speed down to a lower value. It can't hurt to give it a try.
Reassuring to be reminded that every setup has it's own reference points, and if they are noted they can be attained after any "issues"

For anyone coming across this thread, I'd like to say this group has been invaluable with it's help and suggestions.
I can't imagine how many total years of experience is here amongst the members, but being able to tap into it is just fantastic!