Hi guys just would like some sound advice on what stepper motors to choose from the Zapp Automation website.
I am finally getting to the end of building my small CNC machine and have decided that I would go for the Nema 17 size motors as the machine will not warrant my other Nema 23 steppers and these I have reserved for my big build.
Now the question I would like answering is I have a 240V 5A power supply and a Bi-Polar 3 axis stepperdriver, now looking at Garys site under the Nema 17 motors there are half a dozen or so but which ones will I need.
The small CNC router will be have a Dremel type tool as a spindle or cutting head and the maximum diameter of cutter will be only 1 mm and it will only ever cut to a depth of 4mm max. The machines travel are X = 20inches Y =4inches and Z = 2inches. I will be using some 8mm threaded rod and my own antibacklash nuts for the leadscrews and I am not looking at speed but more accuracy and again I understand the old chestnut "how well have you built the machine!" but rest assured it is accurate enough, if I can get 10-14 inches per minute that is more than enough. My main aim is to get this little one working, understanding CNC and then get my large machine built, so if anyone can recommend the best ones from Zapp I can get these ordered and move on with my build which I hope will be real soon, many thanks guys.