. .

Thread: RobinCAM v1.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quick progress report. Slow progress :heehee:

Given a drawing and a level it produces a tool path. Now I just have to step down cutting levels.

The black pic is the AutoCAD drawing. An awkward shape, including a triangular island set in a circular pocket.

The white pic is RobinCAM's interpretation of the ,dxf. Blue items are bulges, green for pockets, orange for the outline of the metal billet, black for the cuts. (The rectangular bulge is above this cut level so it doesn't cut here).

This shape is actually impossible to cut, the tool is too big to fetch in to the nooks and crannies. However, the program philosopy is "do your best, give me a tool path" so it simply gets as close as it can without remoing any metal it didn't ought'a.

Basically it starts bottom right on the billet then tries to face the top down with a series of horizontal, right to left passes. If it hits a bulge or a pocket it cuts the outline then goes back to horizontal passes. I can't see any other way to do it without cutting uphill.

Cut generation for this one level is instant. but I will need info beyond the AutoCAD picture (bugger). Depths of cut, roughing clearance, plunge velocity, things like that

Robin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuts.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	1884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acad.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	1885  

Thread Information