. .
    Guys,

I have a DeWalt 625 Router (2000W variable speed). The Collet Nut thread portion of the spindle is shot.

Just wondering if it would make a good motor for a DIY Milling Spindle? Maybe convert (bodge) it to drive a belt?
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

My only reservation would be the noise. Have you checked I thought you could get a spare spindle for the 625, although not sure as to how you change it!

Peter

Whoops at a price, new armature
    look for a duff one on fleabay!
    Peter
    Last edited by irving2008; 25-06-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: replace url with a working one...

3. £77 for a new armature, £230 for a new router... seems reasonable to me...

peter - edited your post as the url you gave was to some dodgy fileshare site....

lmao, tut tut peter!
    .Me

not sure where the dodgy site came from but the miles site is still showing on my visited sites very strange as I only cut and pasted the site address.
    Peter

Ring the Dewalt factory outlet shop at Spennymoor Co Durham and ask their advice on spare parts.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Resurrecting a 10 year old thread must be some kind of record?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information