. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12-04-2015 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have a scanner at home so I scan my sketches/drawings/doodles in and post them up. Seemed everyone was doing stuff in CAD and making it look really smart and professional, then you'd look at mine and go erm... :heehee:

I will try and get a drawing up of my proposed Z and part X axis up in the next few days, I'm away for the weekend and got loads to do before hand so time is a bit tight.

For the extrusion I have found a place KJN Ltd off a search on here that does good prices, also Marchant Dice does extrusion but is pricey. However for small bits it may be cost effective and they cut to requirements! I've looked at Zapp as well for rails and bearing blocks. I kind of know where to get parts, its making them a) fit together and b) work

2. Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have a scanner at home so I scan my sketches/drawings/doodles in and post them up. Seemed everyone was doing stuff in CAD and making it look really smart and professional, then you'd look at mine and go erm... :heehee:
    This is a well tried and trusted technique known affectionately as COC or "Crap-o-CAD" but sometimes its the easiest route..... failing that, Google Sketchup is a great tool for playing with ideas... and its free!

KJN sell their own extrusion and also Bosh Rexroth stuff as well, if you look closely each item will show which is which. I have found that for some of the Bosch stuff can be got cheaper from Hepco ( http://www.hepcomotion.com/en/mcs-ma...m-pg-14-get-31 ) You have to juggle between the two sites doing a bit of maths. KJN also do a whole lot more sizes than you can see on the site ... just email and ask.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Thread Information