. .
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had 20 mins before work this morning, drew up a motor mount and this morning cut it out using Trochoidal milling on my router...I wanted to use the "onion skin" method instead of holding tabs but my MDF bed is obviously not level!! The piece finished with the 2 finishing operations around the bosses and outside profile still to do! Still it gives me the opportunity to tweak the design a bit and re-cut it in lunchtime :D

There are 4 off 25mm long aluminium tubes (10mm OD, 6mm ID) to press in to the bosses for spacers which I'll then mill to the same height (should be OK as I did them on the lathe)

Anyway not bad for a first effort I think! Video will be up a bit later....internet connection is soooo slow today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor_Mount_Trial_1.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	362.2 KB 
ID:	18384

Name:	Motor_Mount_Trial_2.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	18385
    Neil...

Build log...here

Video of machining the piece here.....no editing or anything fancy...just pressed pause a few times

Last edited by njhussey; 04-05-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Its always nice to see a part that has been designed and machined coming off.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Guessing it's for a belt arrangement for something?

Bet your loving having a cnc up and running you can make stuff on, I can't wait :).

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Guessing it's for a belt arrangement for something?

Bet your loving having a cnc up and running you can make stuff on, I can't wait :).

.Me
    No it's simply a spacer to hold the motor off the firewall so the propeller sticks out the nose the correct amount...

Yeah I'm loving it, just starting to be more adventurous get it finished Lee it's great fun...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    No it's simply a spacer to hold the motor off the firewall so the propeller sticks out the nose the correct amount...

Yeah I'm loving it, just starting to be more adventurous get it finished Lee it's great fun...
    Ahh right it's for a plane!

:) I will it's just a waiting game really, mechanically all I need for it now is two gantry side plates, two bearing plates and 3 motors, Dean is lined up ready to make the plates for me but I can't commit just yet as money is tite but I'm working on it :).

In the mean time I've been getting a few bits together for the enclosure, I'm actually ready to go with that side of things but again with out motors to connect it all too there's no rush so to speak.

I've just had my second injection for this new biological medicine they've put me on, I had my first one last week and the next morning I could feel the difference instantly when I tried to first stand up, normally I'm on steroids and painkillers during the day and the roids have been a great help in getting me some what mobile again but when I first wake up obviously those have all worn off through the night so I normally have to give my legs a min or two too adjust then go for it but as soon as I put weight on my feet (mainly the ball of my ankles) it's painfull, it's quite funny really because obviously as a man the first thing I need to do when I open my eyes is drain the bishop! But I can't because it's a painfull struggle getting to the bog lmao, it's been close lmao quite a few times as I've been bursting and needing to go asap lol

But as I say the future is brite and the morning after I stood up and to my amazement there was nothing there pain wise and since I've had no pain at all I really can't believe it, the doc said it would be 3 months before I would notice it starting to work, I'm not complaining!

Today I've been for a walk into town to get my hair cut, drop some packages off (switches for the lads) and get the girls a McDonald's for their dinner (brownie points) and I've made it back as happy as Larry because it was easy (normal).

Sorry I'm waffling on your build log but I'm just feeling so positive at the moment and i really cant wait but i really dont care either, what's more important in life as basic as they maybe is what I'm chasing at the moment :D.

Positive: Don't worry, my day will come and CNC better be ready for me 😎

Lee
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 05-05-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    .Me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Ahh right it's for a plane!

:) I will it's just a waiting game really, mechanically all I need for it now is two gantry side plates, two bearing plates and 3 motors, Dean is lined up ready to make the plates for me but I can't commit just yet as money is tite but I'm working on it :).

In the mean time I've been getting a few bits together for the enclosure, I'm actually ready to go with that side of things but again with out motors to connect it all too there's no rush so to speak.

I've just had my second injection for this new biological medicine they've put me on, I had my first one last week and the next morning I could feel the difference instantly when I tried to first stand up, normally I'm on steroids and painkillers during the day and the roids have been a great help in getting me some what mobile again but when I first wake up obviously those have all worn off through the night so I normally have to give my legs a min or two too adjust then go for it but as soon as I put weight on my feet (mainly the ball of my ankles) it's painfull, it's quite funny really because obviously as a man the first thing I need to do when I open my eyes is drain the bishop! But I can't because it's a painfull struggle getting to the bog lmao, it's been close lmao quite a few times as I've been bursting and needing to go asap lol

But as I say the future is brite and the morning after I stood up and to my amazement there was nothing there pain wise and since I've had no pain at all I really can't believe it, the doc said it would be 3 months before I would notice it starting to work, I'm not complaining!

Today I've been for a walk into town to get my hair cut, drop some packages off (switches for the lads) and get the girls a McDonald's for their dinner (brownie points) and I've made it back as happy as Larry because it was easy (normal).

Sorry I'm waffling on your build log but I'm just feeling so positive at the moment and i really cant wait but i really dont care either, what's more important in life as basic as they maybe is what I'm chasing at the moment :D.

Positive: Don't worry, my day will come and CNC better be ready for me 😎

Lee
    Glad you're on the mend and things are getting easier for you to do normal everyday stuff...that's great news!

Hopefully things pick up a bit now and you can crack on with the build, look forward to seeing it!
    Neil...

Build log...here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

***high pitched voice***
    SSSWWWEEEETT!!
    .Me

I'm just starting to do the things I should have done before using the machine (Sorry Dean!!) and one thing is a touch plate (limit switches are also going to be dome ASAP) as I want to use Ger's 2010 screenset. Now I'm a bit thick when it comes to electrickery so I wanted to check I was doing this right before even cutting a wire.....

My limited understanding is that I can connect the -VE 24V DC to the tool via a croc clip (or can I permanently connect it to the spindle or frame?), the touch plate is wired to the -VE input (15 in my case)of the CSMIO IPM input and then I put +24V DC to the +VE (1 in my case) input?

Is there a better (correct) way to do it? Sorry for my stupidity
    Last edited by njhussey; 24-05-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Right or wrong it works, installed 2010 screenset and used the simple tool zero and yep......it works!!! Had the bit loose in the collet just in case!! Bought a trepanning tool from Wealden as recomended by Dean and set the height to the base and took 1mm off the bed (it's really bad!!) Felt some ridges so tweaked the spindle right by 0.2° and the bed seems pretty smooth now...

Name:	Trepanning_Tool_1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	18492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trepanning_Tool_2.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	393.5 KB 
ID:	18493

Just need to do the limits so I can home the machine and put the fixed tool change plate on (when the new bed is on the machine!) and make the frame....dust extraction unit....put electronics in the box....etc. etc. etc. etc............
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread Information