. .
  1. I'm struggling to find a supplier of small quantites of BSW threaded screws etc. What I need are:

1/4"-20 BSW x 1.25" HTS stud x 4
    1/4"-20 BSW x 1.75" HTS stud x 4
    1/4"-20 BSW x 3/8" socket grub screw x 4
    1/4"-20 BSW x 3/4" socket grub screw x 2

plus some other bits and bobs including 1/4-20 BSW taps and 5.1mm tapping and 6.5mm clearance drills.

I can get the tools OK from Chronos etc but would prefer to purchase all in one go and I'm struggling with the fixings - most places want to sell boxes of 50 or 100 and I simply don't need that many.

Ideas/suggestions please...

Location unknown. Bobo Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Stud is easy, just buy a length of thread all and cut it up.
    Any engineering fixings supplier will supply small quantities
    But why BSW, are you rebuilding an old machine?
    My local supplier Bapps at Scunthorpe 01724 282112 will supply, I bought a length of 1/4" threaded rod off them and half a dozen nuts, though I can't remember what I bought it for. I still have part of the rod and some of the nuts, though I think the nuts are in my "Farmers Box"
    They also have the grubs, though again why BSW together with taps!
    They accept card not present as they have sent me bits when I've been working away. I use a lot of imperial/american stuff in my work.
    Funny, I bought a chinese barbecue and found the nuts and bolts to be 1/4" BSW

Robin

3. Robin,

I'm rebuilding a 3.5"x12" Gamages Lathe from the early 50's which is based on a Portass design going back to the 1920's. I also have a 1924 Relmac 4.5"x16" lathe which I am reconditioning, see the thread here: http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197

BTW, when I say 'stud' I don't mean studding but a proper stud, i.e. thread each end, unthreaded bit in the middle. I eventually found what I needed here:

http://www.emkaysupplies.co.uk (mail/phone order only)
    http://www.wdsltd.co.uk (online orders are free of postage)

regards,
    Irving...

Location unknown. Bobo Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    I bought a lot of cnc stuff from the US only to find that it was mostly chinese built. The fact is that in the UK the government doesn't give a hootfor the economy. There's no training for the next generation of engineers and it's just very difficult to get any skilled labour unless it's eastern european

Robin

Thread Information