John

Thanks for you comments, you must spend half you life answering the same old questions over and over again about PC incompatability on the forums.

I do understand the desire to keep costs down so almost anyone can enjoy the benifits of CNC machining, but sales of these machines are going to continue expanding, the Trade will see to this for starters. This will necessitate you or the next volunteer spending more and more time answering the same old questions about computer problems.

All I am advocating is making available either finished or in kit form (whatever fits your budget) a computer which is designed from scatch for this application. At the very least you might get some of your life back with fewer questions to answer, and every body would benifit especially people like me with little inclination towards electronics. You never know, if the design is good it might even read pulse width as 5 every time.

I have to say I am a little disapponted that so far everyone who has replied, begrudgeingly accepts that PC's are far from ideal, but seem to imply we can't do anything about it. Well I'm sorry, I think we can do something about it and I don't believe it has to cost a fortune.

Geoff Vaizey