. .

Thread: MY 4`x 4` table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well yesterday I stripped it down and painted it in Blue smooth Hammerite, turned the heater on it and left it to cook for a few hours, then came back this morning and put another coat on it and cooked it again then spent the rest of the day putting it back together. I managed to get the gear rack to within .04mm that works out to about 0.0015" from one end to the other and all bolt points in the middle on my DTI off the linear rail carriage.

I have finally got it moving at 10,000mm a min, soft limits are fine it stops at 1299.997mm on the DRO, the setting is 1230mm. I do still have a small problem, the "Slow Zone" dose not seem to be working, It goes from full speed to stop instantly, I will have to look into it and see what I have done wrong

Well Robin I had to make it even heavier, but I just could not leave it so I took it up to the old workshop and got it nice and warm and hit it with hammerite smooth blue

Its time to start making the base table now, Hopefully the other 2 Geckos are on there way and I still need to order 2 more motor

a short Video of it moving

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCF0790.flv

Last edited by Steve-m; 11-11-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: cleaned up the bbcode

2. Hi Steve,
    Could you or anyone reading this please tell me what those green plug type things are that you have used on your machine?

I'v seena site selling "Hole Plugs" in the usa but i was after the proper name for them and also a source in the UK if anyone knows ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenplug.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	432  
    .Me

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Could you or anyone reading this please tell me what those green plug type things are that you have used on your machine?

I'v seena site selling "Hole Plugs" in the usa but i was after the proper name for them and also a source in the UK if anyone knows ?
    Lee give WMH-Transmissions a call they will sort you out. just tell them what gauge rail you have!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information